Ice cream Sandwiches!

Reaction score
How do you have your favorite home made chocolate cookies? Have you ever tried putting a spoon of your favorite ice cream on your cookies and making a sandwich with it? It's a definite must have, totally delicious!

Reaction score
Mmm, sounds yummy. Have you ever tried breaking the cookies into small pieces and sprinkling it over the ice cream? There's just something about cookies and ice cream together that tastes so good!

Reaction score
Oh it is. Sometimes my son and I make homemade ice cream to put on it. Making your own ice cream with the kids is a very fun D.Y.I. for the kids. Plus when there done they can eat it!

Reaction score
I wish that the Dairy Queen would make gingerbread ice cream sandwiches. They already did a giant Oreo cookie one.

That said, I don't know...there's something warm about some cookie flavors that I don't think matches with ice cream always. Ginger cookies are literally warm, and I can imagine peanut butter cookies or oreos with ice cream, but...one of my favorites, chocolate chips, I prefer with milk. Unless they're really soft, then it's more like--I don't know, I prefer ice cream with brownies and pies because they're softer?

I do love cookies and cream as an ice cream flavor, though.

Reaction score
I haven't done anything with ice cream in a while because my freezer is having issues, I learned that it's possible to have a freezer that makes ice and freezes meat solid but doesn't freeze ice cream, because water freezes at 32 degrees but ice cream has to be kept at 0. At some point I have to check my refrigerator coils and see if they're dirty.
I wish I could buy ice cream or make it right now, but I don't think my landlord maintained this refrigerator, so I have to sort it out.

Reaction score
When my children were small I made home made ice cream sandwiches often. Tupperware actually had a piece that was for ice cream sandwiches and I loved it. It held 6 sandwiches with dividers between each one. I made them will all different kinds of cookies and different flavors of ice cream. They were easy to make and the kids liked to help make them.

Reaction score
Mmm, sounds yummy. Have you ever tried breaking the cookies into small pieces and sprinkling it over the ice cream? There's just something about cookies and ice cream together that tastes so good!

Yes rubydust i have done this on countless occasion; ice cream is one of my must haves , which means i am always trying out new and exciting ways to incorporate it with my meals.

Reaction score
Yes rubydust i have done this on countless occasion; ice cream is one of my must haves , which means i am always trying out new and exciting ways to incorporate it with my meals.

My kids also love a particular ice cream made by Ben & Jerry's. It's the one with the cookie dough. It's expensive though, so I only buy it when it's on special offer. I've thought about trying to make it myself by adding cookie dough to plain ice cream. Is this something you've tried?

Reaction score
My kids also love a particular ice cream made by Ben & Jerry's. It's the one with the cookie dough. It's expensive though, so I only buy it when it's on special offer. I've thought about trying to make it myself by adding cookie dough to plain ice cream. Is this something you've tried?

Rubydust when it comes to ice cream you can get as creative as you want to, it's all about your likes; you can add cookie dough, dried fruits,nuts,etc , it's whatever you are in the mood for.

Reaction score
Rubydust when it comes to ice cream you can get as creative as you want to, it's all about your likes; you can add cookie dough, dried fruits,nuts,etc , it's whatever you are in the mood for.

It's another hot day here, and my tummy is rumbling! I'm inspired now, and this thread has put me in the mood for some ice cream. I'm going to have to run out to the shop to get some, then I'm going to have some fun getting creative with it!

Kas

Reaction score
I wish that the Dairy Queen would make gingerbread ice cream sandwiches. They already did a giant Oreo cookie one.
That sounds like a very good idea. I never gave that a consideration before.

I have done this since I was a kid. I absolutely love ice cream and chocolate chip cookies (I prefer harder ones for this). I will take either chocolate or vanilla, but I prefer the vanilla with the cookies.

Ask a Question