Just 3 ingredients

Reaction score
Those of you who know me know I am always looking for a quick fix and have done a lot of box work in the past. You would also know that I am ready to venture out and do some stuff from scratch. I went searching as I always do for some quick and easy recipes and stumbled on the site in the link below. Not sure if I am posting them in the right area but feel free to laugh at me as we are in "baking banter".:)

http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/easiest-treats-ever-15-desserts-with-just-3-ingredients/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ohhh that's a fun list, I love simple recipes with just a few ingredients, great for a budget and sticking to some 'pantry baking'. I'm also super excited to hear that you're feeling confident enough to start venturing into baking more! I'm sure you'll be fantastic!

Reaction score
Ohhh that's a fun list, I love simple recipes with just a few ingredients, great for a budget and sticking to some 'pantry baking'. I'm also super excited to hear that you're feeling confident enough to start venturing into baking more! I'm sure you'll be fantastic!

I simply can't sit and watch all you veterans and continue to settle for box cakes. I won't have it:). I just need to set aside some time to make it really productive. I don't like to make too many mistakes in the kitchen. Actually I don't like to make any and perhaps that's why I have played it safe by sticking to the box.

That's going to change soon; very soon.

Reaction score
Now that's my kind of recipe site! No big long lists of things I don't have, just simple, easy. I'll have to give some of those a try.

Reaction score
Pinterest also has a ton of 3 ingredient recipes. Doing a search on there for 3 or 4 ingredient recipes brings up a ton of results.

Reaction score
Nice! In the same vein, you should check out mug cakes (mug anything!): http://www.buzzfeed.com/arielknutson/delicious-snacks-in-a-mug#.ibmMwBXqeb

It might employ more ingredients, but it's a quick fix and absolute satisfaction for a very small amount of work. Definitely better to mix a chocolate mug cake and enjoy it in three minutes than to have a box fix to work with! :)

Confettine, I am in love. I am going to try the Nutella muffin sometime this week. It's going to be my first attempt at preparing anything of it's kind in the microwave. I love the link. Seems practical and I am a quick fix girl. Looks like I might soon be able to put away the boxes for a while.

Reaction score
Confettine, I am in love. I am going to try the Nutella muffin sometime this week. It's going to be my first attempt at preparing anything of it's kind in the microwave. I love the link. Seems practical and I am a quick fix girl. Looks like I might soon be able to put away the boxes for a while.

I know right! Once I simply looked up chocolate brownie/cake in a mug because I felt a chocolate craving and five minutes after I had this molten bottom, delicious, chocolate cake! I'm not sure the recipe I used was in this link, but there are many more recipes of mug-in-microwave foods. I had to go and make a second one right away!

With some ice cream on top, it's just a marvel!

Reaction score
3 ingredient recipes sometimes make the best desserts. I just learned of a fun 4 ingredient recipe for a summer cold dessert. You mix cool whip, vanilla pudding, apple chunks, and cut up Snickers bars together and it tastes amazing.

Reaction score
Oh!

Now I remember a 3 ingredients recipe that I love!

You actually buy one of this croissant rolls from Pittsbury. That's ingredient 1. Ingredients 2 and 3 are: brown sugar and 35% cream.

Here is a website in French about it: http://josakri.blogspot.de/2012/06/croissant-pillsbury-au-sucre-la-creme.html

Proportions indicated there are 1 tube of croissant, 1 cup of cream, 1 cup of brown sugar, but I've seen it varied.

It's absolutely delicious, should be served with ice cream for extra treat!

Reaction score
I thought I would revisit the thread and sure enough there is another recipe for me to see if not try. Sadly, I don't have the ingredients.

Reaction score
I love caramel apples, I'll definitely be trying that one out very soon. I must admit I have never tried a recipe like that before, but I'm strating to feel very curious about it.

Reaction score
3 ingredient recipes sometimes make the best desserts. I just learned of a fun 4 ingredient recipe for a summer cold dessert. You mix cool whip, vanilla pudding, apple chunks, and cut up Snickers bars together and it tastes amazing.

That sounds amazing! I might actually try that! My favorite desserts only calls for 2 ingredients: cream and ripe bananas. I just add a bit sugar and voila!

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this list. These are very interesting and creative desserts. I'm surprised that they only require 3 ingredients.

Reaction score
As a new parent I don't have the time to bake like I used to - things with super long ingredient lists get written down or printed out and stuck in my cookbooks, but honestly the easy recipes are the best. And 3 ingredients? You're speaking my language!

That was a nice, diverse list of desserts too - I was pleased to see that! The cinnamon rolls look delicious and the chocolate mousse looks so rich and decadent - bet I could trick a few house guests into thinking I'd slaved away for hours making it!

Reaction score
As a new parent I don't have the time to bake like I used to - things with super long ingredient lists get written down or printed out and stuck in my cookbooks, but honestly the easy recipes are the best. And 3 ingredients? You're speaking my language!

That was a nice, diverse list of desserts too - I was pleased to see that! The cinnamon rolls look delicious and the chocolate mousse looks so rich and decadent - bet I could trick a few house guests into thinking I'd slaved away for hours making it!

Right? You've got to love the ones that look so good but are so easy. Whip up something in a minute that looks like you fussed over it? Yes, please. Thanks for the list, Bella.

I'm with Dancinglady on this one. I love the short lists with no crazy, hard to find stuff.

Ask a Question