Local Ingredients or Imported Ingredients

Reaction score
When it comes to the kind of ingredients you are using for your baking needs which do you always prefer to use? Do you just use local ingredients or an imported ingredients is what you are always using?

Reaction score
Most of our ingredients here are local ;) I'd say I don't have a preference though, if there is something I just can't find locally I don't mind if when I find it turns out it 's from a foreign source.

Reaction score
It is extremely rare I ever use anything "imported".
Most everything I use comes from the USA.

Reaction score
Usually I use local ingredients. They come cheaper and in my experience they are either better or as good as imported ones. In Serbia we still have some sort of organic cultures that are available to most of us so I believe that some products are less tempered with additives than those that we import. Example of this is soy bean products that can be used in baking as well. We have our own that are not GMO but our government is insisting on importing those that are genetically modified and everybody here is against it of course but money makes the world go round but as long as we have the organic and non GMO products we are going to use it.

Ask a Question