Make your own Sweetened Condensed Milk

Reaction score
Condensed milk has a big role to play in making snack food and native desserts here. And the best concoction I find is when you mix condensed milk with coconut milk and use it as solvent for baking snack foods like pudding and native cakes. One very popular native cake is the bibingka galapong which is best baked with a mixture of ground glutinous rice made into dough using coconut milk and then condensed milk is added before baking.

Reaction score
I know some of you really like sweetened condensed milk.

I thought of you when I saw this @Corzhens. ;)

On one of the blogs I visit, I saw a recipe to make your own. It sounds good to me, especially for holiday baking.

http://foodal.com/recipes/desserts/sweetened-condensed-milk/
I am not one of those persons but my son brought a can home from a cook out and I don't even know what to do with it- too much sweetness. Now you are inviting me to make it? Naughty Zyn but then again it is for Corzhens.

Reaction score
One of my favorite things I've ever had with sweetened condensed milk is Vietnamese iced coffee - they add sweetened condensed milk to it and it's just about the BEST thing ever. Seriously....so good!

Reaction score
Condensed milk has a big role to play in making snack food and native desserts here. And the best concoction I find is when you mix condensed milk with coconut milk and use it as solvent for baking snack foods like pudding and native cakes. One very popular native cake is the bibingka galapong which is best baked with a mixture of ground glutinous rice made into dough using coconut milk and then condensed milk is added before baking.

I've seen you mention a few things, so I though the recipe might be helpful. Enjoy.

One of my favorite things I've ever had with sweetened condensed milk is Vietnamese iced coffee - they add sweetened condensed milk to it and it's just about the BEST thing ever. Seriously....so good!

Oh, now that sounds a little too good. I have a thing with coffee... and that just sounds yummy (which means I should probably never, ever, try it).

You can make your own milk now and drink this concoction to your heart's content.

Reaction score
I am not one of those persons but my son brought a can home from a cook out and I don't even know what to do with it- too much sweetness. Now you are inviting me to make it? Naughty Zyn but then again it is for Corzhens.

It's for everyone, but she came to mind first she uses a lot of it. :)

I think it would come in handy for people who do a lot of holiday baking (or even make their own candies, cakes, cookies, pies, and other goodies throughout the year).

Am I making you hungry yet? :p

Reaction score
It's for everyone, but she came to mind first she uses a lot of it. :)

I think it would come in handy for people who do a lot of holiday baking (or even make their own candies, cakes, cookies, pies, and other goodies throughout the year).

Am I making you hungry yet? :p
You are always making me hungry but I know how to cut my eyes on these sweet things and run for the hills:).

Ask a Question