Mango Quick Bread

Reaction score
I was given some dehydrated mango slices and I want to try making quick bread with pieces of mango and some kind of nuts it it. Has anyone made mango bread? Does anyone have a good basic quick bread or even muffin recipe that I can add the chopped up mangos to? They just look so good sitting there in that bag, such a lovely color that I do not want them to go to waste.

Reaction score
I have no idea about mango bread, but the dehydrated mango slices we get rarely live long. We just eat them as they are. Have you tried that? At least eating them as is they wouldn't be going to waste and also if they are completely dehydrated they will store well in a kilner jar or similar.

Reaction score
I have no idea about mango bread, but the dehydrated mango slices we get rarely live long. We just eat them as they are. Have you tried that? At least eating them as is they wouldn't be going to waste and also if they are completely dehydrated they will store well in a kilner jar or similar.

I second the advice from Connie on just eating the mango as it is! I buy dried mango at the supermarket just as a snack to munch on. It's a nice pick me up when I'm out and about running errands and things like that!

I can't say I've ever made bread with it but it sounds like an interesting concept...but like Connie mine doesn't last very long to even contemplate making bread!

Reaction score
I like eating dried mango also the way it is. And yes you can eat this as an afternoon snack or as a dessert after a meal. But making it as an ingredient for making a mango bread I do not know if it is really can be. I had not yet encountered a recipe for making a mango bread. :)

Ask a Question