Microwave Baking for Kids

Reaction score
I recently baked a cake in the microwave after seeing it mentioned in the forum. It turned out be fun and easy. Then I got to thinking that the question of children and baking has been raised and there was the safety issue brought into focus.

It then occurred to me that microwave baking with kids seem like a great idea and should be reasonable safe. What do you think? Here is a link I found with some recipes the kids should enjoy.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipes/tag-5721/kids-microwave-recipes.aspx

Reaction score
Awesome! I'm not a big fan of microwaves (due all the negative things said about them and a possible link with cancer), but I like the idea of using it from time to time. I actually want to try one of those mug cakes =D I'm guessing using the microwave could make a great first baking experience for any kid :)

Reaction score
The cancer thing is still in my head but several sources say the myth has been debunked. Still we all know how the mind works. For years I still have it etched in the back of my mind to proceed with caution, but then the time comes to whip up something in the microwave and I do it. I am still not big on getting too deep into the microwave.

Ask a Question