Microwave baking

Reaction score
I've seen some old cook books showing you how to make pretty much anything, including baked goods, in the microwave. Considering the hot weather, this sounds kind of intriguing as microwaving won't heat up the kitchen to unbearable temperatures. Have you ever tried baking in the microwave? Did it work alright?

Reaction score
I've really only tried mug cakes, when I'm craving a single-serve of cake. It's worked fabulously then. I haven't really thought much about upgrading to bigger and better things in the microwave, but in the middle of this summer heatwave it is something to consider, that's for sure. Do you know of any tried and true recipes? I'd be prepared for giving it a go but I always like getting tips from others first.

Reaction score
I am only using my conventional oven in my baking and cooking and I have not yet try using a microwave oven for any purpose. But I heard there are some who had tried using it and they are successful using a microwave oven. So far I am still searching recipes that can really be bake in this kind of oven before I do try doing it.

Reaction score
I have tried with a few mug cakes but never anything else. I once saw a recipe book that showed you how to cook all sorts of things in the microwave, I didn't buy it because I didn't think it was my cup of tea. I really don't like how the microwave dries my food :( So far I have only done mug cakes, but I have heard of more daring people who have embarked on bigger baking projects using their microwaves.

Ask a Question