Microwave treats

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any good recipe recommendation for treats that only require a microwave?
This is because using the oven is inconvenient since I'm currently living with a host family.

Reaction score
You can make rice crispy treats in the microwave. There are also several mug cakes that you can bake in the microwave. I am not sure of any type of cookie or bread you can make in the microwave.

Reaction score
I was looking through my current All You magazine and in it are a few mug recipes. The recipes are healthy and look oh so good. I'm going to try these myself and see if they are of something I'd eat.

Reaction score
There are some pretty cool mug recipes out there. I would look for some of those! Also, have you thought about investing in a toaster oven? You can buy one for 10 bucks and can make small things in it.

Reaction score
There are some pretty cool mug recipes out there. I would look for some of those! Also, have you thought about investing in a toaster oven? You can buy one for 10 bucks and can make small things in it.

Yea, I've been looking around for really small toaster ovens; but they're never on sale :(
Hopefully this summer.

Reaction score
You can make popcorn in the microwave and then eat it with Ice cream. I really don't know, sorry I wasn't more help on the subject.

Reaction score
I also second (third?) looking up mug recipes. They are individual servings of desserts like cookies and brownies. I have never made them as individual servings don't really fly in my house. ;-) However, I have several friends who have tried some recipes off Pinterest and say they are just as good as baking a whole batch!

Reaction score
This is very belated, but I just thought it was neat to discover this "life hack" where you can microwave rice krispy and marshmallows to make your own granola bars. The marshmallows melt and stick the rice krispies together in a way they can be easily molded.

I personally used to make French toast in the microwave, just soaking bread in a bowl (not a plate, or even a dish) of milk with egg and then microwaving the whole thing. When I wanted something savory, I'd swap the sugar for herbs and salt and keep the eggs--maybe add some canned Vienna sausages between the bread slices. As long as the bread soaks it, and it's left long enough in the microwave for the eggs to cook. I'd scramble them because I don't think there's a way to microwave eggs so that the yellow bit is still runny and the whites are completely cooked.

Reaction score
Oh i wish i could give some recommendations but i hardly ever used my microwave the most the kids will do is use it to make popcorn.

Ask a Question