Muffin/cupakes rising to one side

Reaction score
Some of my muffins and cupcakes rise to one side rather than up. I have a fan assisted oven. When I used to have a gas oven, they would rise fine. I'm not sure why this is happening, as I'm not doing anything different. Can anyone help please?

Reaction score
It is probably because your stove is not level. For now, you could turn the pan the other way halfway through baking time, until you can get someone to level your oven for you. If you can do it yourself, even better. Try it. It usually makes a big difference.

Reaction score
The times I've had this happen have mainly been with cupcake tins that have been so well used that they're a little bent out of shape! I only noticed once the cupcakes were baked and wondered the exact same thing! So I would check that too. But the oven not being level is definitely something I'll need to look into as well.

Reaction score
The times I've had this happen have mainly been with cupcake tins that have been so well used that they're a little bent out of shape! I only noticed once the cupcakes were baked and wondered the exact same thing! So I would check that too. But the oven not being level is definitely something I'll need to look into as well.

I've never had any pans that were quite that well-used. You must bake a lot! :)

I would check it out. Something so simple to fix can make a huge difference. Like I said, you can also turn the pan for a temporary fix. Although, it may need to be a bit sooner than halfway through the baking time, so they don't firm up too much before turning. They might even need to be turned more than once. I guess you'll just have to watch them closely, until you can get the stove leveled.

Most stoves have little feet at the bottom that can be turned by hand. It's a fairly simple process. If it's off by a lot, you may need someone to lift the stove up while you make adjustments.

Ask a Question