MY OWN HOMEMADE SANDWICH BREAD!

Spi

Reaction score
hello there..

i made my own homemade sandwich bread.. its my recipe let me know what you think and if i can make it any better..

thank u!

Reaction score
I like the way you do your videos: writing the important instructions all over the video. I like those recipe videos even more than those in which the host is talking non stop. Because they often start rambling about things that are not even linked to what they are currently doing (personal life), it's annoying :p If I wanted to hear that while looking for a recipe I'd go for a vblog (I do like those, but only when I am up to watch 'em).

Reaction score
great video,but it does make me want to get something to weigh my ingredients with,from what I have read,weighing is a lot better than measuring and I do want that little bowl scraper too :)

Reaction score
I like your video, it's very descriptive and clear. I would have to convert everything to make it myself, since I'm in the U.S. and use a different measurement system. The bread looks nice and crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, just how I like it. I've never seen anyone use a thermometer to test the inside temperature of the bread, I'll have to remember that trick, especially how you went in from the side.

Reaction score
Well, I was smiling as I watched so that's always a good thing for me. It says I am enjoying what I am seeing. I am also membering my experience and how my bread took hours to rise. Usually, I like videos where I hear a voice talking to me. Somehow I like this one.

Spi

Reaction score
I like the way you do your videos: writing the important instructions all over the video. I like those recipe videos even more than those in which the host is talking non stop. Because they often start rambling about things that are not even linked to what they are currently doing (personal life), it's annoying :p If I wanted to hear that while looking for a recipe I'd go for a vblog (I do like those, but only when I am up to watch 'em).
thank u! well i guess i'll keep making them that way
:)

Spi

Reaction score
great video,but it does make me want to get something to weigh my ingredients with,from what I have read,weighing is a lot better than measuring and I do want that little bowl scraper too :)
yes you should start weighting the ingredients.. in my opinion its a lot more precise

Spi

Reaction score
Well, I was smiling as I watched so that's always a good thing for me. It says I am enjoying what I am seeing. I am also membering my experience and how my bread took hours to rise. Usually, I like videos where I hear a voice talking to me. Somehow I like this one.
i try not to talk because i have an accent and it does sound good.. but i'm glad you liked it :)

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Spi! I have removed your other posts as they seem to be largely self-promotional. If you are here to participate in the forum then I am happy for you to share a video from time to time - however if the sole purpose you are here is just self-promotion then your posts will be removed and you will be flagged as a spammer.

Reaction score
thank u! well i guess i'll keep making them that way
:)

Yes, please, the simpler the better :) I'd also like to add I love the fact you display the ingredients list in the beginning of the video, a lot Youtubers don't do that :( It annoys me to no end, they just go blah blah and just mention the ingredients, but few of them list them in the beginning. Please don't ever change that ;)

Reaction score
yes you should start weighting the ingredients.. in my opinion its a lot more precise
I will look into getting something to measure the weight with,I live in the States and would like to know what is a fairly inexpensive set to buy ? any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
002.JPG
I have a loaf rising,hopefully it comes out edible :) I would have taken more pictures so we can all see what I did wrong,but the batteries are really low and I'm saving a picture for the finish product

here is a pic of it in a oiled bowl,for the first rise

hmm looks kinds of soupy doesn't it ?

001.JPG

here it in the loaf pan

another hour for it to rise

my pictures are back wards :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
What a nice video and I had watched it not only once but thrice and I will still watch it again. Even if you are not talking in your video I still enjoy watching it because you had made it clear by giving the right ingredients and its measurements and the step by step procedures for making your sandwich bread. This video is very informative and all I can say is you had made a good job! Thanks for sharing your video and your recipe and I like it! :)

Reaction score
Justme4910, I am quite impressed with the outcome of your bread. I hope I can present something here looking as good as that. I get very excited when people make bread. I still see it as a work of art for want of a better expression.

Reaction score
you can do it bella,it just takes the right recipe :)

I've tried a bunch of times till I got this recipe and it worked for me

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/classic-sandwich-bread-recipe

I'm about to try it again and we will see if it comes out right again lol there is no telling and I will admit to having to throw out baking errors or have to put em in soup beans ,more than once too

here is a picture of that loaf,after it had been sliced and it was the best loaf that I've ever made :)

002.JPG
001.JPG

and one other thing that I done,was to let the yeast sit out of the fridge for a long time,as in an hour or so,I don't know if that that matters much or not

Reaction score
ut oh,it looked awful sticky when I put it in the bowl to rise

one other thing that the recipe doesn't say,is that I cover the bowl with a kitchen towel,when I'm letting it rise

another ut oh,the dough was to,mmmm stretchy to be able to turn over and put in the loaf pan,I did get it in,but had to do some pinching,to seal up some seams in it,here is to hoping it comes out good ,it is on it's 2nd rise now

it will be a while till we see if it comes out great,good or sliced up into chunks for some soup beans or thrown out the door :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
hmm I did part of a double post it seems and i can't edit it :)

here is a picture of the next loaf

001.JPG

Ask a Question