Ideas for Nephew's Owl-Themed 5th Birthday Party

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My sis has asked me to plan my nephew's birthday because she ran out of ideas.....however I'm not the most interesting aunt in the world so I'm kinda stuck....well we are planning to make cupcakes for sure since there are always a huge hit with the kids :). My nephew is obsessed with owls and I've found some cute owl paper baking cups here at http://www.pleasantsuppliesco.com/baking_cups_for_cupckes.html . Before I go ahead and buy, I'm wondering have any of you who have seen any other baking cups that have owls on them? I do not want to have buyer's remorse if I see other owl designs out there after I bought those. Thank you so much!

I would also appreciate if any of you have other owl-related ideas and/or any party games for kids. I know I suck being an aunt......:(

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Joyce! Unfortunately your post went into the moderation queue because of the link, and I've only just seen it to approve it. Sorry about that!

It's fairly easy to make cupcakes look like owl faces using Oreos, and it would save you having to buy in those cases (as you could just use plain ones). Basically you cut the Oreo in half through the cream - so that you end up with two single biscuits with a bit of cream on each. Then the pupils and the beak are done using M&Ms or similar.

owl-cupcakes.jpg

What do you think?

Reaction score
Oh my goodnesss Becky...these are so adorable and looks easy to make too!! Thank you so much! :):)

Reaction score
I would also do a search online to check for free cupcake topper printables! I've done that before for certain themes and found cute free ones - I just print them on cardstock, cut them out, stick them to a toothpick and hey presto - you have cute cupcake toppers that you didn't have to fork out for!

Those owl cupcakes that Becky posted look adorable though - and I love the the stuff you need for them (oreos and M&Ms) are easily found in the supermarket!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Joyce! Unfortunately your post went into the moderation queue because of the link, and I've only just seen it to approve it. Sorry about that!

It's fairly easy to make cupcakes look like owl faces using Oreos, and it would save you having to buy in those cases (as you could just use plain ones). Basically you cut the Oreo in half through the cream - so that you end up with two single biscuits with a bit of cream on each. Then the pupils and the beak are done using M&Ms or similar.

owl-cupcakes.jpg

What do you think?

This is very interesting! And this is just easy to make and I am planning to make this kind of cupcakes too this coming month of December for my nephew's birthday and I am sure the kids will be delighted by this owl cupcakes. Thank you for sharing this nice ideas :) Love it!

Reaction score

If you want to have the kids make their own owl cupcakes......you might like this....

Oooh that video with all the different looking owl cupcakes is neat! I like learning from videos too - I guess I'm a visual learner so it's helpful to me watching how they do it! :)

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Owls are so trendy now that I may use these for my niece's birthday too. I especially like that I could use bright colored buttercream in place of the chocolate frosting and make them kind of seventies cool.
owl.jpg

Ask a Question