New Comer

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to Baking Forum. I have a lot to learn and willing to learn. One question I have is my mom when we were growing up made what we called tee-cakes. Of course she made them from scratch and unfortunate no one seems to know the recipe. As a child to busy to want to watch and learn. So regret. If anyone has a recipe for tee-cakes please let me know. looking forward to learning a lot and giving a lot.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Edna! Great to have you here :)

What were the tee-cakes like? In the UK we have something called 'tea cakes' but they are more of a sweet bread bun with dried fruit in them. There are also chocolate tea cakes which are completely different - a biscuit topped with marshmallow, all covered in chocolate.

Reaction score
These were made with homemade cane syrup. They were like a sweet bread also. No dried fruit in tea-cakes. As kids we called them tee cakes. Why I don't know I just know they were good. If you have the recipe for your tea-cakes I would love to try them.

Reaction score
Hi! Welcome! English tea cake are a great savory snack, a Sunday breakfast kind of thing to me. But tee cakes... Im not sure what they are, if you manage to find a recipe please share! x

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am123

Latest Threads