No-bake Cookies ... leave the oven OFF

Reaction score
Those look good. I like that they don't have any wheat in them. One could easily use gluten free oats for it would be perfect for me. I'm guessing the whole pound of butter is what holds it together.

Reaction score
You're right - as much as I love to bake, this time of year makes it not all that appealing to turn the oven on! Anything that is a no-bake sweet recipe gets two thumbs up from me!

I'm also a big fan of recipes that have ingredients that are always staples in my house - I hate when there's a big extensive list of ingredients that I'll use once and rarely thereafter. So this also is a win in my book!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Reaction score
Those are a perfect treat for all of this hot weather that many of us are experiencing right now. They kind of remind me of muddy buddies that you make with Chex cereal...hey another no bake treat for the summer. I like desserts that are quick and easy to prepare, especially when I have kids over to the house for play dates.

Reaction score
I have to say as inviting as these look, I think no one is going to really dive in here at this house. I would have to do something like this for a function and knowing how I don't like it when anything I make is left behind I would not risk it.

They look like the kind of things I would try just to say I have. When I first saw butter in the name I was thinking it's not my thing for sure but then the recipe seemed reasonable to try.

Reaction score
You're right - as much as I love to bake, this time of year makes it not all that appealing to turn the oven on! Anything that is a no-bake sweet recipe gets two thumbs up from me!

I'm also a big fan of recipes that have ingredients that are always staples in my house - I hate when there's a big extensive list of ingredients that I'll use once and rarely thereafter. So this also is a win in my book!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Great. I'm glad you liked it. :)

I've wanted to make these so badly, but they are way too guilty for me at the moment. I already have a birthday party coming up soon for my grandbaby, where I'll have to eat birthday cake. I guess I better just leave the cookies alone for now, haha. I think they would be delish though and it's WAY to hot to think about cranking up the oven right now.

Reaction score
Great. I'm glad you liked it. :)

I've wanted to make these so badly, but they are way too guilty for me at the moment. I already have a birthday party coming up soon for my grandbaby, where I'll have to eat birthday cake. I guess I better just leave the cookies alone for now, haha. I think they would be delish though and it's WAY to hot to think about cranking up the oven right now.
Leave them alone Zyni. I have your best interest at heart. You are allowed a slice of the birthday cake. I see everyone is saying it's too hot to bake. So what about me? I have it hot all year round. Perhaps that's why I always bake at night.

Reaction score
The name sounds delicious ;) I love how short the ingredient list is, since no oven is involved I might feel more likely to try it one of these days ;) I've everything in my kitchen excepting the powdered sugar and the cocoa, but I can get it pretty easily over here.

Reaction score
Leave them alone Zyni. I have your best interest at heart. You are allowed a slice of the birthday cake. I see everyone is saying it's too hot to bake. So what about me? I have it hot all year round. Perhaps that's why I always bake at night.

Always making me smile, and keeping me in check. You are a great forum friend. :)

I haven't made them so far, despite being tempted. The heat is working in my favor. For now.

OH, baking at night... what a great idea!! :D

Reaction score
I usually make no-bakes starting generally in spring, but yeah summer is the best time for them. And I like to chill them too, that nice extra snap when crunching and enjoying the flavor is nice. Like a cold cookie instead of cold icecream.

Ask a Question