No-Yeast Pizza Crust

Reaction score
I got a craving for pizza last night, but didn't feel like messing with the yeast. I looked around, and found this no yeast pizza crust. The last one I made (with yeast) was delicious, but somewhat thick. This came out thinner, the way I prefer my pizza crust, and it was also softer, after baking. The whole process took less than an hour, and I was very happy with the results. Here's the link to the crust recipe, and a picture of my end result.
pepper pepperoncini pizza.jpg

Reaction score
What's the green topping? I can clearly see the pepperoni but I can't tell what the green topping is. I like the idea of no yeast. Maybe it's something I could try in the future. My toppings would be cheese, pepperoni or ham, sweet peppers, onions and pineapple.

Reaction score
I also prefer the thin crust for pizza but my husband wants the pan pizza with the thick crust. But I am wondering with that no-yeast crust. Isn't it that yeast is the expander which makes the dough rise? And without yeast, it will be unleavened which is thick in texture and quite tough. Pardon me if I am wrong on my assumption. The mention of no-yeast bread reminds me of the accounts of Bible on the bread at that time.

Reaction score
The green items are pepperoncini, or banana peppers. They're not sharp, and not exactly sweet, but you would probably enjoy them @Winterybella. I sliced them and added the juice and seeds, as well as the peppers themselves. The pizza was so good that I will probably make another today or tomorrow. I only used a bit of sauce, and had that leftover from my last pizza, so I have a whole jar left over for my next few pizzas. I like how rustic the homemade pizzas are.

Incidentally, I forgot to mention that I ended up adding a few small scoops of flour, because it was just too soft and sticky. That amounts to about 1/2 cup more of flour, but I'd start off with the recipe's amount, and then add what you need.

@Corzhens I don't know the science of it, but I think the milk and baking powder gave it a little lift. The recipe does call for it to sit for about 10 minutes, so I think they act as a leavener in some fashion. It wasn't thick or heavy at all, in fact, it was somewhat more of a thick cracker consistency, which I really enjoyed.

Reaction score
I must confess, I can't stop thinking about this pizza. I have everything I need here at the house to make another, probably today or tomorrow. I might pick up some black olives for the next one, because I enjoy them on pizza, as well. I have tried several pizza crust recipes over the past few years, and this is the one I'm most happy about using and sharing.

Reaction score
Looks great! I love banana peppers and pepperoni on pizza - I am also a huge olive fan, as well as Italian sausage and normal red/green peppers. I also really like pineapple on pizza but some people can't stand that sweetness on a pizza!

Reaction score
Wow, thank you so much for sharing this! I love pizza! (Well, I guess everyone does :3) But I don't like yeast that much. As much as possible, I try to avoid buying yeast because I had a bad experience with it. I am not sure what went wrong but the yeast that I was storing in a container had little crawlies in it. I don't know what kind of insect they were. I couldn't even stand looking at them through the glass container that I almost drop the whole thing. All I remember is that they were moving and so, I threw the whole container without even opening it. Sorry for sharing something gross. lol! Anyway, thanks again for sharing!

Ask a Question