Not being able to post pictures

Reaction score
Hello:

I've had this problem before, but I don't know if I posted the issue on here or not.

For some reason I am unable to post pictures or post with more than a few lines on them without getting and error message stating "Please post using less than 10000 characters".

Well, my messages and pics certainly don't even come near 10,000 characters, much less 500!!!

Whats going on??

Reaction score
That's weird! I'll take a look into it and see if I can figure out what's going wrong. Thanks for letting me know!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry that you're having this problem!

@Becky asked me to have a look in to this, as everything looks ok from this end.

Are you using the "upload a file" button to attach files, or are you dragging and dropping files in to the editor? Also, which browser are you using and I'll try to replicate the problem :).

Reaction score
Sorry that you're having this problem!

@Becky asked me to have a look in to this, as everything looks ok from this end.

Are you using the "upload a file" button to attach files, or are you dragging and dropping files in to the editor? Also, which browser are you using and I'll try to replicate the problem :).

I'm using the "add a picture" button in the header area, which is what I always use to post pics from online.

I've even removed the image and tried to post just two lines of words, and still I get that error message.

I've tried deleting and starting over, I've tried logging out and logging back in, I've used the "cleaners" on my pc several times in the past two days, and nothing works......I still get that error message no matter what I do.

For some reason I was able to post that one post on the Halloween thread, but I didn't do anything different than I normally do when I posted that one.

I use a pc with Win 8.1 on it. I have Google Chrome, which I have used for years now.

The weird thing is, this happened to me last fall on this site. I couldn't post anything for two weeks, then all of a sudden.....it was all fine.

Reaction score
It may be that the URL of the picture is very long... do you still get the same error if you save the image to your PC and then upload it to the post?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, I would try adding the file as an attachment for the problematic file - it may be a problem with where the image is hosting. Worth a shot anyway :).

Ask a Question