Blender or Food Processor: One Machine for All?

Reaction score
I don't use a lot of countertop appliances in my kitchen, but I could really use a blender or a food processor. I don't really understand the difference between the two. I want something that can pulverize food like garbanzos for hummus, or chop vegetables for salad. I am not rich enough to buy separate machines, so is there one that can do all this with efficiency?

Reaction score
Well, a blender wouldn't definitely help you chop veggies for a salad... at most it'd be able to help you make a chili sauce :p Smoothies too of course. I'd go for a food processor if I were you, a food processor can do everything a blender can and a few things more. Just make sure to check the different options out there.

Reaction score
I never bought a food processor. Quite frankly I hate big appliances and the subsequent cleaning. Quite recently I went looking to resurrect my blender because I had no interest in working with the juicer( that's an aside) which may or may not have been better for me.

Having said all that, the food processor might be the better bet if you have lots of things to do. I started to search and there are a lot of new things springing up all of the time. I wish you well in your search.

Reaction score
I might be thinking of a salad shooter too. I believe that is yet another appliance. I don't like smoothies, so I wouldn't need a machine that does that. We once bought a Slap-Chop, and it was worthless. The vegetables got stuck almost instantly, and the blades were not nearly as strong as they implied. I also hate cleaning countertop appliances, but I need something that create new textures. We are sick to death of eating the same food all the time. Thanks for the replies.

Ask a Question