Over baked cookies?

Reaction score
So, I thought the cookies were underdone since the top was still squishy and looked like dough, so I kept it in the oven longer. What I didn't realize is that when the cookies cool, they turn harder and a little bit of squish was alright. Is there any way to salvage over baked cookies? Could I use them in another recipe?

Reaction score
You could use them to make a cookie pie crust.
Or make crumbs out of them, mix with cream cheese, dip in chocolate--- Truffles!

Reaction score
You can always use them to make ice cream sandwiches. Scoop your favorite flavor of ice cream in the middle , then wrap them in plastic and stick them in the freezer for later.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if that would work, but I would try them like granola- add plain yoghurt and crumble them in it. Then let it sit for 5-10min and eat as snack- should make a nice breakfast, and it should soften them. As I said, never tried, but I think it should work.

Reaction score
I think that cookes trick is something we all have to learn at some time or another. I know I learned it real quick when I kept discovering crispy bottoms and soft tops! I love the idea of using them to make a cookie crumb crust.

Reaction score
I find that putting hard cookies into the microwave for a short period when you want to eat them can make them nice and soft - and because they are warm it makes them seem like they are straight out of the oven! Might be worth a try :)

Reaction score
Ahh this sounds so familiar! I always have this problem! I'm happy to see all the suggestions. No more wasted cookies!

Reaction score
I saw on Pinterest that one lady saves the crumbs from anything, from children's sugary cereals to cookie crumbs and throws them in her chocolate muffins, It was in one of those blogs about saving money.

Reaction score
I saw on Pinterest that one lady saves the crumbs from anything, from children's sugary cereals to cookie crumbs and throws them in her chocolate muffins, It was in one of those blogs about saving money.

I really like this idea! I feel like you could put pretty much anything in muffins/cakes/brownies. I'll definitely have to keep cookies on mind!

Reaction score
You can definitely crumble them and use them in another recipe for sure. and if they are crunchy you could add some cream and just have them like that.

Ask a Question