Paleo Baking - Who knew?

Reaction score
I have admittedly never tried the Paleo diet, and I don't know enough about it. I was under the assumption that sweets and baked goods would be off limits, from the little I've heard and seen. Not true. I just found an article about it, and it sounds pretty good to me. I miss my sweets being on a low carb diet, so I might give this a try.

http://foodal.com/knowledge/paleo/baking-basics-what-you-need-to-know/

Reaction score
Ok, I have to be the "bad guy" here.

Diets are for companies to make a lot of money. Period.
Diets don't work. If they do, you HAVE to keep up with it all of your life, or else suffer the consequences of going back to the way things were before you started the diet.

The ONLY way you can change how your body works with what you eat, is to change what you eat in accordance with how your body is changing.

If you don't change your food habits with your body changes and metabolism changes during your life, then you always suffer from the "battle of the bulge".

Diets might be fine to lose a fast 5 or 10 pounds, but you will gain it all back within a few months.

Just like when your vehicle gets older and you put all those miles on it.....you have to keep it maintained and switch from standard oil to high mileage oil, and change from super cheap gas to something a little more appropriate for an older vehicle, so you keep your engine working at its best level possible.

The same for your body. If you don't change the fuels to match what your body burns and uses, and HOW it burns and uses it, you will forever be fighting the fat.

Reaction score
I've heard of people doing paleo - I just know that for me I would be an awful grump if I didn't get my carbs in!!

I blame it on the half Italian side of my genetics ;) no carbs means I can't function properly!! Haha!

Ask a Question