Peanut butter and banana muffins (refined sugar free)

Reaction score
I had three little bananas that were past their best, so I made these Peanut Butter and Banana muffins yesterday. They are naturally sweetened - all of the sweetness comes from the bananas and dates. There is a lot of peanut butter in them, but there is no butter or other fat. Just wholesome ingredients :)

The recipe is from Lorraine Pascale - here it is:

300g of peanut butter (sugar free)
200ml of unsweetened almond milk (or regular milk)
100g of oats- reserve a small handful for topping the muffins
2 bananas
6 medjool dates (pitted)
75g of wholemeal flour spelt flour (or just regular flour , white or plain wholemeal)
1 large egg
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan)
  2. I blitzed the dates in the food processor first, then added all the other ingredients and blitzed them together.
  3. Use an ice-cream scoop to portion the batter into 12 muffin cases.
  4. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
  5. Eat and enjoy! They also freeze very well.
Here they are! They are delicious! :D
Peanut butter banana muffins.jpg

Reaction score
OMG!!!!

If there is anything I like more than lime and sesame seeds in my goodies, its P&B!!!!!!

Since I'm diabetic, I'm not supposed to eat nanners anymore, but sometimes I will get a couple of them at the store when they are on sale.

I like peanutbutter too, but again....not supposed to eat it because of all the oil in it. Although I do keep a jar in the cupboard, just in case I get the urge.

Reaction score
Ah what a shame! There is a lot of peanut butter in these babies, that's for sure. Better to be safe than sorry though - they're good, but they're not so good that they are worth risking your health over! ;)

Reaction score
Love that these don't contain refined sugar. I like making things like this, particularly for my daughter. She's one and a half and LOVES sweet things, but of course I prefer to give her things that aren't overly sugar loaded. I think she would demolish a few of these, and I wouldn't feel bad because the ingredients list is nice and wholesome!

Reaction score
They are great, and make a good snack / breakfast on the go. I think your daughter would love them! :)

Reaction score
That's a treat and I rather think this is something that I would attempt. It's quick and easy and that's me in the nutshell. I see a lot of spelt flour being mentioned a lot. I've never had it myself so that's something I should check out.

Ask a Question