Pet treats

Reaction score
So I am getting more and more into my baking and excited to share my treats with family and friends. Careful to not let my "girls" get anything that has chocolate in it, I am always happy to share some of what I bake with my pets.

Then I recently got to thinking it would be nice to bake something specially for my pets. Do you bake separate treats of your pets? I am looking at a recipe that could easily serve us both, yet it's a dog treats recipe.

http://www.thecookierookie.com/pb-dog-treats/

Reaction score
To be honest I don't bake pet treats, my dogs are so picky! Specially my pug, she is such a spoiled brat that won't eat anything unless she likes it very much. So introducing new things to her diet is very hard :O

Reaction score
IMG_20150304_111956.jpg Lol...:):):) I deliberately sent a smaller picture. Hope no one zooms in and pick up on the imperfections.I was so excited to bake some treats once I came across the recipe, I whipped up something this morning before I left home. Truth is I had also irritated my Rottie with a spray so I wanted to treat the her. Turns out the treats are so hard the smaller ones one of whom is very greedy had to put up a fight to eat hers. They are fine for the bigger dog..

Anyway I am still thrilled I did something for them. The "snakes" got a little or a lot burnt. I don't mind so much though, I don't like snakes.:)I found it so funny, me trying to create my little animals as I do not have the tools to make the shapes. It was quite a funny experience.

Reaction score
Awwww! Loook at that!!1 They're lovely and yes, I zoomed in :p I think it is very nice of you to bake something for them, I think most of us here often forget doggies like baked treats too! They like to be pampered like that! They actually say we (owners) can make healthier food for our dogs way healthier than the dog food from the store.

Reaction score
Awwww! Loook at that!!1 They're lovely and yes, I zoomed in :p I think it is very nice of you to bake something for them, I think most of us here often forget doggies like baked treats too! They like to be pampered like that! They actually say we (owners) can make healthier food for our dogs way healthier than the dog food from the store.

You are not going to believe. My husband is a piece of work. So I prepare dinner and I leave my dog treats out on the counter. Even a child I think could see that it's not something I have ever done and in one of them I even engraved the name of one of dogs. After what my husband said was a lovely dinner, he remarks jokingly that I am not giving up on the baking, suggesting I am trying yet another recipe. Then I realize he's referring to the dog treats one of which he has already eaten and about to go for a second helping. Shaking my head and laughing I stop him but he's not even moved or interested in knowing what ingredients I used. That snake did not even bite him:).

Reaction score
I don't have any pets right now but when I do, and I have time I definitely plan on making some homemade treats. I love baking already and why not use it for my pets?

I heard and have read a lot of dog treat recipe have like oatmeal and peanut butter in it, which sounds good to me even if it's for pets :p

Reaction score
I don't have any pets right now but when I do, and I have time I definitely plan on making some homemade treats. I love baking already and why not use it for my pets?

I heard and have read a lot of dog treat recipe have like oatmeal and peanut butter in it, which sounds good to me even if it's for pets :p

I found out you have to keep them away from the "human pets":). When I think of my husband digging in I can't help but laugh out loud. I should have remained to quiet to see how much he would devour: still I could not deprive my girls of the treats I had prepared specially for them. It was a good feeling preparing them while the girls waited for the finish product.

Ask a Question