Pumpkin chai snickerdoodles anyone?

Reaction score
I came across this recipe online this morning, from a website called $5 dinners:

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 eggs
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 3 cups flower
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ground cardamom
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 Tbsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ground nutmeg
Directions
  • Preheat the oven to 350.
  • In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream the butter or margarine with the sugars. Add the vanilla, eggs and pumpkin puree and combine well. Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom and salt and mix until batter forms.
  • In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
  • Using a small ice cream scoop or cookie scoop, scoop ball of dough and form into uniform circle. Roll in the sugar-spice mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet or baking sheet with non-stick cooking mat.
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
I've never heard of these before, but I'm not sure many people here in the UK have baked with pumpkin puree, or made pumpkin flavored bakes. I think these sound lovely with the chai spices.

Has anyone baked these before?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I baked a pumpkin cake the other day and to my surprise it was just so tasty but i have never Pumpkin chai snickerdoodles, it's the first time i am hearing of this...i think this is something i would try.

Reaction score
Those sound great. I love pumpkin anything! I found a recipe last year for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies; they turned out like little pumpkin cakes. I will see if I can find it so I can post it here.

Reaction score
When it gets cool outside I like to bake pumpkin goodies but only with real pumpkin . Not of that pumpkin flavor crap that all the retail shops flood the market with every fall.

Reaction score
I baked a pumpkin cake the other day and to my surprise it was just so tasty but i have never Pumpkin chai snickerdoodles, it's the first time i am hearing of this...i think this is something i would try.

I've never baked anything with pumpkin in it, kammy, but I'm really curious because it's everywhere once summer goes and autumn comes in. I think it must be a US thing as here in the UK we tend to only buy pumpkins for carving out at Hallowe'en! I think this is a bit of a shame really because all of that lovely pumpkin probably goes to waste most of the time. So, I'd love to get into baking or cooking with it - and there are so many lovely recipes for using it! :)

Those sound great. I love pumpkin anything! I found a recipe last year for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies; they turned out like little pumpkin cakes. I will see if I can find it so I can post it here.

I like the sound of your pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! I'm really getting into pumpkin recipes this year.

When it gets cool outside I like to bake pumpkin goodies but only with real pumpkin . Not of that pumpkin flavor crap that all the retail shops flood the market with every fall.

Yuk! I don't like anything synthetic either. I'd like to start baking with pumpkin because it's not something that's very popular here in the UK, and pumpkin tends to be used mostly for Hallowe'en, with the scoopings often being discarded and wasted. I'd love to see some interest in baking with it over here.

I'd love to know if there are any UK bakers here that do actually bake with it?

Reaction score
Pattycakes go right ahead and start using up your pumpkins in your bake produce and let us now what's the outcome...i can assure you won't regret it as it's a tasty treat.

Reaction score
I think this recipe is missing something , don't snickerdoodles have cream of tartar in them?

Reaction score
I think this recipe is missing something , don't snickerdoodles have cream of tartar in them?

It's not my recipe, and I've yet to make them, but there is baking powder in the recipe which contains cream of tartar You could always add 1/2 teaspoon more I suppose.

I'll let you know how they turn out if I make them.

Reaction score
First of all, I absolutely love the recipe idea....pumpkin is good, chai is my favorite and snickerdoodles are nice as well, all together? Sounds amazing. I also love the idea of the $5 dinner website itself =).

Ask a Question