Pumpkin pie without the crust

Reaction score
I absolutely love my pumpkin pie but I can't stand crust. I was wondering if I could just make up my pie filling and just pour it into maybe a glass dish to bake in? Would it come out ok since it wouldn't be on crust?

I've never ate crust with any pie I've ate. I don't like crust. I just usually scrape the pie fillings off the crust then eat.

Reaction score
I make this all the time! Sometimes I make it in a proper pie pan and sometimes in ramekins.

Reaction score
Yes, that's pumpkin pudding. Totally doable! Although as monkeyboots said then it might simply hold up better in individual servings rather than one big dish, but I've tried it in a plexiglass meant to be portioned and it didn't stick to the pan nor did it ruin itself or anything. My recipe for pumpkin pie filling was cream cheese based, though, so that an pumpkin puree plus the sugar and spices... might be less runny than some pumpkin pie fillings?

Reaction score
Here's a recipe for crustless pumpkin pie that still looks like a pie that you can serve to guests. It's also healthier because of the lack of crust.

http://preventionrd.com/2012/11/crustless-pumpkin-pie/

60854014eb93c7eca34d64d65388caac.jpg

Reaction score
Oh you definitely can- and it is amazing! lol. I make the crust when I'm making it for others or for holiday cooking, but a lot of the time when I'm just craving it myself I'll skip the crust altogether. You can use a regular baking dish or ramekins for single servings....it works out just as well :).

Reaction score
I absolutely love my pumpkin pie but I can't stand crust. I was wondering if I could just make up my pie filling and just pour it into maybe a glass dish to bake in? Would it come out ok since it wouldn't be on crust?

I've never ate crust with any pie I've ate. I don't like crust. I just usually scrape the pie fillings off the crust then eat.
I do this all the time!! I'm not a huge fan of the crust either, plus it's so high in fat!! :( I just put it in small containers that can be baked and put it in the oven. It seems more like a pudding I guess without the crust. Just as yummy and delicious!!!

Danyel :)

Reaction score
As other members have pointed out, it is doable... it similar to flan! I can't understand why you don't like crust tho :p I love crust and it's actually my fav part of the pie! Same for my nieces :)

Reaction score
Here's a recipe for crustless pumpkin pie that still looks like a pie that you can serve to guests. It's also healthier because of the lack of crust.

http://preventionrd.com/2012/11/crustless-pumpkin-pie/

60854014eb93c7eca34d64d65388caac.jpg

That looks delicious! It really reminds me to flan :) I winder if when done like this the consistency is similar? I have never done a pie with no crust, but in this case I guess bain marie would work out great in this case?

Reaction score

We do this all the time! I just make the filling, pour it into little ceramic ramekins, then bake it a little bit less than the pie recipe indicates. My kids call it pumpkin pudding and I'll even let them eat it for breakfast. I figure with the beta carotene from the pumpkin and the protein from the eggs, it can't be that bad!

Ask a Question