How to Fix Uneven Rainbow Cake

Reaction score
this evening my sister and I baked a 6 teir rainbow cake for my nieces birthday, but the cakes are completely uneven! It's her birthday tomorrow! Please help, how can we save it!!???
Thank you in advance!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 470
Reaction score
Looks like you have already put it together, so I would say, no.......there isn't much you can do at this point.

The only thing you can do is cover it with a lot of frosting or whipped topping.

But if you leave it the way it is, I would try and make it look MORE lopsided and uneven.......as that is the style of some cakes nowadays...

Maybe get some little characters to put on the top and side of the cake that look like they are falling off of it or something.

Or decorate it with a lot of edible flowers, toys, and candies.

Reaction score
IDK @ChesterV ....
If the cake isn't too fluffy maybe it can be taken apart and leveled then put back together and the sides evened up.
Altho your idea is prolly much more sensible as mine would have the end result being pretty small.....

Reaction score
I think your oven is not level. That's how mine look too sometimes, although I've taken to turning them part way through the baking cycle. I really need to level the stove.

I think it looks kind of cute, and I would try to make it look like it was that way on purpose, like Chester suggested. Could be very cute.

Ask a Question