Stainless Steel Skillet

Reaction score
I have a Belgique one I have had for many years and am very happy with. I don't know how much is costs as it was a gift, but I don't think it's necessary to spend a huge amount of money, just make sure your pan is good and think so you don't have issues with things burning too quickly.

Reaction score
Jenny, I don't recommend you to buy anything with non-stick material added to it, that stuff will eventually end up on your food. After it reaches certain temperature (not even that high) the non stick material starts to release some fumes and particles that end up in your food. If you are going to buy something to cook your meals in, then maybe you should consider something without the non-stick material.

Reaction score
so non-stick are not good. I've red this article that we could just use PAMS cooking oil to make pans non-stick. Have you tried it? Yeah I'm a bit health-conscious.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jenny, I don't recommend you to buy anything with non-stick material added to it, that stuff will eventually end up on your food. After it reaches certain temperature (not even that high) the non stick material starts to release some fumes and particles that end up in your food. If you are going to buy something to cook your meals in, then maybe you should consider something without the non-stick material.

I have to agree, ever since you guys told me about non-stick pans being not good I've stopped using all my non stick stuff - I don't know whether to throw it out or donate it (I would feel kind of guilty donating it because then someone else will also be dealing with the non-stick coating!)

Reaction score
@cupcakechef I had to make the same decision :( In the end I decided to just throw them away, I had to do the same with some nail polishes that turned out not to be 3-free (free from toluene, formaldehyde and BDP). It was hard, because it was a nice collection. I felt much better after I did it though :)

Reaction score
I have a Belgique one I have had for many years and am very happy with. I don't know how much is costs as it was a gift, but I don't think it's necessary to spend a huge amount of money, just make sure your pan is good and think so you don't have issues with things burning too quickly.
I also have Belgique cookware and have had it for about 11 years now. As longs as you clean them properly they will remain looking brand new for a very long time. Mine are still shiny and look amazing. They are expensive, but we'll worth the investment.

Reaction score
@cupcakechef I had to make the same decision :( In the end I decided to just throw them away, I had to do the same with some nail polishes that turned out not to be 3-free (free from toluene, formaldehyde and BDP). It was hard, because it was a nice collection. I felt much better after I did it though :)

I got rid of mine this weekend! I felt relieved too - and I would have felt super guilty if I donated them. If I don't feel like they are safe for me to use, then it's not fair for me to donate them to a charity and put someone else in the same predicament!

I already had some other cookware that didn't have the non-stick stuff on it, but sometime this week I'm going to have to go and get a few new pieces. But it's good to know I'm not going to have all of that residue in my food!

Reaction score
I got rid of mine this weekend! I felt relieved too - and I would have felt super guilty if I donated them. If I don't feel like they are safe for me to use, then it's not fair for me to donate them to a charity and put someone else in the same predicament!

I already had some other cookware that didn't have the non-stick stuff on it, but sometime this week I'm going to have to go and get a few new pieces. But it's good to know I'm not going to have all of that residue in my food!

I'm very happy to hear that :) You have made the right decision for your health! I hope your husband didn't give you a weird look when you talked about this, hehe. Mine did a bit, I told him some of the cookware he has gotten needs to go. Because he had gotten some cookware since 3 or 4 years ago that he has never used, he was waiting to move out! Breaks my heart to throw away new cookware, but our health is more important.

Reaction score
I'm very happy to hear that :) You have made the right decision for your health! I hope your husband didn't give you a weird look when you talked about this, hehe. Mine did a bit, I told him some of the cookware he has gotten needs to go. Because he had gotten some cookware since 3 or 4 years ago that he has never used, he was waiting to move out! Breaks my heart to throw away new cookware, but our health is more important.
People donate some horrible looking cookware and I would not feel right donating mine if it were in horrible shape. Metal cookware can be recycled. Cookware is an investment in my opinion and you should always look for quality products when buying it.

Reaction score
People donate some horrible looking cookware and I would not feel right donating mine if it were in horrible shape. Metal cookware can be recycled. Cookware is an investment in my opinion and you should always look for quality products when buying it.

That is why I invest on stainless steel or ceramic. We got some nice stainless steel skillets from the Jamie Oliver line. It was back when my fiance was getting points as a reward for selling x amount cash at the store. Sadly they no longer rewards those points :( So now we gotta spend some extra time and money on our own cookware and other things.

Reaction score
I grew up seeing my mother not using non stick cookwares. We are using the stainless steel frying pans and pots. We also had ceramic pots that we are using for our soups. My mother does not like using non stick stuffs even before that is why I inherited her likes and since I got married me also I do not have any of this stuffs at home. And now I knew already the reason why.

Reaction score
just a question since I have no Idea what you are cooking with the skillet,would a cast Iron one work as well ? I have one from my great aunt and use it regularly,so it is probably around 80 years or more old,if not longer,there is no telling when she got it either

Ask a Question