Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcakes

Reaction score
Yum! They don't look too hard to make either. I'm excited to hear your report back and see pictures. Please tell if they are fairly easy to make or difficult .

Reaction score
They were brilliant - went down a treat at the BBQ I took them along to! :)

Strawberry daiquiri cupcakes.jpg

I bought some dried strawberries too and added them to the frosting chopped up really fine, along with fresh strawberries too. I needed more than 12 cupcakes so I added an extra third to all the quantities to make 16. There was so much that it actually made 18!! I only had enough butter for the original amount of frosting (ie enough to make 12) but it was fine for 18 cupcakes. You could taste the rum but it wasn't overpowering. This recipe is definitely a keeper!

Reaction score
Wow these look so tasty and from your pics i can see you did a good job; will be trying this one out for sure.

Reaction score
I am going to have to try to make some they sound like they are really good. Thanks fro sharing hope you have good luck with your cupcakes.

Reaction score
I am going to try these this weekend! I bet it has a great taste, for sure and they are so yummy looking. You did a great job and thanks for sharing with us. I know I have to make these now, just the picture made me want to try them!

Reaction score
So, maybe a silly question, but how alcoholic did you actually make them? I'm pretty sure a daiquiri is alcoholic anyways...so yeah, was it just enough to taste that it was a daiquiri if that makes sense, or did you actually feel like you were eating something alcoholic if you understand me?

Reaction score
This sounds delicious!
I always loved having the virgin version of this drink. I had a friend who would always have them at his parties, so these cupcakes seem really festive to me.
I think I will give them a try!

Reaction score
So, maybe a silly question, but how alcoholic did you actually make them? I'm pretty sure a daiquiri is alcoholic anyways...so yeah, was it just enough to taste that it was a daiquiri if that makes sense, or did you actually feel like you were eating something alcoholic if you understand me?

They weren't very alcoholic, but you could taste the rum. In total there would have been about 2 teaspoons of rum per cupcake. If you wanted to cut down on the rum content you could just put it in the icing, or maybe just use rum flavouring - but I've never tried this myself.

Reaction score
They weren't very alcoholic, but you could taste the rum. In total there would have been about 2 teaspoons of rum per cupcake. If you wanted to cut down on the rum content you could just put it in the icing, or maybe just use rum flavouring - but I've never tried this myself.
Ah well that's not actually that much. I mean, a teaspoon of rum is...barely a shot if I'm thinking of my measurements correctly. Barely enough to get a buzz or anything.

Reaction score
wow, sounds delicious! I have seen a few of these recipes floating around that combine liquor with cake, and I'm very interested to try. I found a recipe on pinterest that's a Malibu rum cake. This recipe has you making a rum glaze on top, but I also think it would go well with pineapple or coconut frosting!

This cake starts with a box mix and packaged pudding and is jazzed up with coconut rum.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Ingredients:

• Cake:
  • Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
  • 1 package (18.25-ounce) classic yellow cake mix
  • 1 cup Malibu® Rum
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 package (3.4-ounce) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
  • 4 eggs
  • Rum Glaze:
  • 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1/4 cup Malibu® Rum
Cake Preparation:
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325 degrees F.

Spray a 10-inch (12-cup) bundt pan with nonstick spray. Using an electric mixer, beat cake mix, rum, vegetable oil, pudding mix, and eggs in a large bowl for 2 minutes. Transfer batter to prepared pan.

Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool cake in pan for 20 minutes. Invert cake onto platter, then carefully remove pan. Allow cake to cool completely.

Rum Glaze Preparation:
Meanwhile, stir sugar and water in a heavy medium saucepan over medium high heat until sugar dissolves. Add butter. Simmer until mixture thickens and is syrupy, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in rum. Cool glaze completely. Drizzle glaze evenly over cooled cake and serve.

Yield: 1 large bundt cake, about 12 servings

Recipe Source: Semi-Homemade Cooking by Sandra Lee (Miramax Books; Hyperion)
Reprinted with permission.

Reaction score
These actually sound delicious! I might just make these for my birthday in October! I may use less rum as I'm not a drinker nor do I like the taste that much.

Ask a Question