The recipe I use to make really delicious hot cakes!

Reaction score
Hi guys! i wasn't sure where to post this, I just wanted to share the very simple and delicious recipe I use to make my own hot cakes mix! I hope you guys like it and get the chance to try it! The taste is so different from the hot cakes/pancakes I make using the mix from a box. Here it is:

1 and half cup flour
3 and half tbsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup of milk
1 egg
3 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
A pinch of salt

In a big bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the other ingredients and mix well, you can use a mixer for a better result, but can also do it with a spoon. Once done prepare your pancakes the way you usually do... It's that's easy :D

Reaction score
I think "cakes" is a fair place to put it ;) haha. Anyway that sounds yummy, and super super easy too! I wouldn't mind giving it a shot sometime :).

Reaction score
By hot cakes I think you are referring to pancakes? I think that counts in this section. Hot cakes arevmy sons favorite breakfast food and I am always looking for good recipies.

Reaction score
Yeah, we know them as hot cakes here :) My in laws know them as pancakes tho :D We always get a bit confused when talking about these, lol. I like the term hot cake better tho, since I grew up hearing it from my mom and dad. I hope you have the chance to try that recipe out :) Hopefully you can let us know how it went :)

Reaction score
I think "cakes" is a fair place to put it ;) haha. Anyway that sounds yummy, and super super easy too! I wouldn't mind giving it a shot sometime :).

Hehehe! Yeah, I guess they kinda are cakes, lols! Pan-cakes ;) Yeah, please do and let me know how it goes! A few girlfriends have tried this recipe and have told me they like it more than the mix from the box!

Ask a Question