Twix Chocolate Pie

Reaction score
I love twix and was actually very pleased the other day when I found this recipe: http://www.grouprecipes.com/21852/twix-chocolate-pie.html Because it combines both of my most favorite things ever: Twix and pie! Can't get better for me ;) Has anyone ever tried this recipe or something similar? If you try it please let me know, I'll not be trying it until December ;)

Reaction score
You certainly have a lot of willpower!

I have not tried this, but I'd definitely like to try it. It sounds really yummy. I like Twix, so I'd probably like this too.

Hmm. I bet we could come up with lots of baking recipes that use Twix. Time to put on my thinking cap.

Reaction score
Hehehehe, yeah, for me this would be a special occasion thing ;) Too much sugar but definitely worth trying at least once :) Love the idea of the bittersweet chocolate ganache. If you do try it let me know how it goes :)

Reaction score
That sounds delicious, but possibly too sweet. I am thinking a single pie could easily serve 18 rather than 8 as it would be unwise to eat more than a tiny slice.

Reaction score
Oh @Trellum I LOVE you and hate you all at once! This recipe looks like heaven for my tastebuds but my thighs won't be happy with me...I think I'm going to try and save the recipe until a special occasion.

On Thanksgiving each year at our family get-together we have a bunch of pies there - and it's usually the standard Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie...I think I'm going to go all out for my contribution and make this! If any time is the right time to indulge it's then, I think!

Reaction score
Wow. If you do this you MUST share how it went. My partner loves Twix! But this just too much pie for this house!!! It's only three of us and I don't count. LOL

Reaction score
I will on december, but not before ;) I will use the chocolate listed and not milk chocolate like other folks have suggested because I don't want the sweetness to overwhelm me. I might make it for my fiancee as well next year if everything goes well this year ;)

Reaction score
Oh @Trellum I LOVE you and hate you all at once! This recipe looks like heaven for my tastebuds but my thighs won't be happy with me...I think I'm going to try and save the recipe until a special occasion.

On Thanksgiving each year at our family get-together we have a bunch of pies there - and it's usually the standard Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie...I think I'm going to go all out for my contribution and make this! If any time is the right time to indulge it's then, I think!

Hehehe, glad I could help ;) I think you will suprise everyone at that thanksgiving dinner, because a twix chocolate pie can never fail to please everyone ;) Plus I have heard great things about this recipe from other people. So... yes, please do it and let us know how it goes!

Reaction score
That sounds delicious, but possibly too sweet. I am thinking a single pie could easily serve 18 rather than 8 as it would be unwise to eat more than a tiny slice.

Not as sweet as you'd think ;) That is why we use bitterswet chocolate to counteract the sweetness of the caramel ;) Actually if it was me I'd leave the chocolate ganache out of the equation. I actually think I will! I'm sure the caramel and bittersweet chocolate create great contrast of flavours.

Ask a Question