Two Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins

Reaction score
Did you know you can make pumpkin muffins using two ingredients? All you need is a can of pumkpin puree, and a box of yellow cake mix. You do NOT make the cake as normal, only use the dry batter and the pumkin. Makes about 20-24 muffins!

Reaction score
Well, that's such a good thing to know, but could you actually explain the whole preparation process? I would like to write it down so I can make it someday, just got some ingredients today and I want to have some fun this weekend, thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Gee, we don't have a yellow cake mix here and no pumpkin either. I am suggesting that maybe I can use squash but pumpkin is really alien to me, I cannot say if it would have the same taste. Now, with that yellow cake mix, I could probably find a substitute. You know, I easily get interested with recipes that have a few ingredients because it looks simple to me. For a newbie, I get a headache when the list of ingredients is long.

Reaction score
I did try this recipe. I was excited when I came across is last year, and had an abundance of canned pumpkin on hand. I didn't care for the flavor, since it tasted more like a cake, and less like pumpkin, which is one of my favorite flavors. It might be fine for those who aren't actual pumpkin fans, say for parents who are trying to get their children to eat more pumpkin/sweet potato, but I prefer recipes that give more authentic flavor.

Reaction score
Well, now that fall is right around the corner this one just really makes sense. Anytime you give me something with two ingredients too, you always have my ears perked up. I cannot wait for the fall weather, because this summer has been brutal in terms of the heat. Once I start seeing pumpkins for sale is usually when I start getting into the mood, so that works both ways here now. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Did you know you can make pumpkin muffins using two ingredients? All you need is a can of pumkpin puree, and a box of yellow cake mix. You do NOT make the cake as normal, only use the dry batter and the pumkin. Makes about 20-24 muffins!
Really? That seems quite interesting. I don't keep the puree around really but I would try this. I am always interested in quick fixes. I can't say the lack of a pumpkin punch would affect me. I find this very creative truth be told.

Reaction score
I've never tried this but I'm curious now! Do you think I should add in more pumpkin pie spice, perhaps, to give it that true pumpkin spicy flavor rather than it tasting like yellow cake?

Reaction score
It does sound easy to make, especially knowing that you only need two ingredients for this. :) I do have the same thoughts as @Corzhens though because a yellow cake mix is also a new term for me. We don't have pumpkins but the closest we have is squash.

Reaction score
It does sound easy to make, especially knowing that you only need two ingredients for this. :) I do have the same thoughts as @Corzhens though because a yellow cake mix is also a new term for me. We don't have pumpkins but the closest we have is squash.
These days I see so many cakes being made with different vegetables and I suppose squash could do. You said you don't have pumpkins? Is this your current situation because of scarcity or you don't see pumpkins where you live?

Reaction score
These days I see so many cakes being made with different vegetables and I suppose squash could do. You said you don't have pumpkins? Is this your current situation because of scarcity or you don't see pumpkins where you live?

As far as I know, we don't have pumpkins here because I've never seen one in any market I've been to. I'm just not sure if they have them in American stores here. But if ever they have, I bet the price would be very expensive. I've read though that pumpkins and squash belong to the same family so I guess both of them have almost the same taste. Squash is very abundant here though. In fact, I have some of them planted in my backyard. :)

Reaction score
As far as I know, we don't have pumpkins here because I've never seen one in any market I've been to. I'm just not sure if they have them in American stores here. But if ever they have, I bet the price would be very expensive. I've read though that pumpkins and squash belong to the same family so I guess both of them have almost the same taste. Squash is very abundant here though. In fact, I have some of them planted in my backyard. :)
Wonderful to hear you have a back garden. I would put the pumpkin and squash in the same family but I don't know the taste is that similar. "Cousins" can had some very distinct features- maybe true in the case of these cousins squash and pumpkin.

Reaction score
Wonderful to hear you have a back garden. I would put the pumpkin and squash in the same family but I don't know the taste is that similar. "Cousins" can had some very distinct features- maybe true in the case of these cousins squash and pumpkin.

Thank you. I do hope they have the same taste. My son loves the taste of squash so I'm guessing he would also love a squash muffin if I would make one. Maybe if we get to visit the US soon, we'll get to have a taste of pumpkin to compare the taste. :)

Ask a Question