Valentine's Day gift

Reaction score
So I'm planning to give cookies on V-day, so I'm planning to bake on Thursday.
How to store them properly? Do I have to add salt so they would last for 4 days?

Reaction score
Usually I just store mine in an airtight container and that tends to do the trick - I've never really had an issue before! If you are baking Thursday, Valentines Day this year is Sunday so it's only a few days, I think you'll be just fine!

Reaction score
I have several ways to store mine, sometimes I use a plastic bag, then put said bag in a paper one. Sometimes I use a simple container, I like the first method though, because so far that one has been the best for me. Specially with danish butter cookies :)

Reaction score
Make sure that there's no moisture in the container before you store them. If so, and the cookies are crisp, it will soften them, so they won't taste the same. I know we all know that, but even though I've been cooking and baking for years, I recently was trying to consolidate items, and stuck a soft item in with some of my crisp cookies, and it totally ruined the crisp ones :(. Hope the recipients enjoy the cookies, what type are you going to make @Jenny?

Reaction score
If they are going to be crunchy cookies, I store them in an airtight container, with a layer or two of clean paper towels between them.

The paper towels will soak up any moisture in the container as well as any excess oils in the cookies.

Reaction score
If they are going to be crunchy cookies, I store them in an airtight container, with a layer or two of clean paper towels between them.

The paper towels will soak up any moisture in the container as well as any excess oils in the cookies.

Good tip about the paper towels! I've done that for more crunchy cookies too before! If they're the soft, chewy kind, I don't worry about the paper towels - but absolutely do it if they need to retain their crunchy consistency!

Reaction score
I've just been storing chocolate chip cookies in zip lock bags and they will last most of a week and still be good,if they make it that long :)

Reaction score
I haven't had an issue with crisp cookies getting soft, except when I recently put something soft in with my crispy cookies and they got soft and ruined. I'll have to keep the paper towel trick in mind, though, for when the humidity is really high here, especially in the Summer.

Reaction score
I skipped the Valentine's day because there is not one in Serbia but we have like the rest of the world, I assume, in few days the ladies day. I made something very interesting, I think, for a girl that I see sometimes and still trying to get to. We had a funny nickname for each other because we stay late talking and we don't sleep much. So the nickname is the little owl. I am a bit of a DIYer and I baked an owl from clay. It came out good and it is still drying off but I am preparing for details like painting and decorating. I also made one from papier-mache.

Ask a Question