What Pan to Use for a 13x7 Cheesecake?

Reaction score
I have a cheese cake recipe that came from a local bakery.. as a kid we loved when my parents would bring one home... yum! In the instructions it says to use a 13" x 7" pan.. I've done alot of searching on the web without success.. Any have an idea about this weird sized pan? thanks all!

Fae

Reaction score
I've heard of tart pans that are closer to that size. What you could try instead would be a pan with a similar size area, if you can't find that specific pan. A 13"x7" would be 91 sq in. A 13"x9" would be another 26 sq in. A 9"x9" would be closer at 81 sq in. There may be another configuration you can find online that will be closer.

The two things you'd be concerned about when switching out the pans would be if the center of the cheesecake will get done properly, and whether the filling will be about the same thickness, again to let the filling cook through properly. Time for some tasty experimenting?

Reaction score
Depending on what kind/type of cheesecake this is.........

I would think that if the recipe is speaking of an actual springform pan used in making cheesecakes, then it is a 13 inch in diameter springform pan, that is 7 inches deep (these are double height from standard height).

They are hard to find, but they are out there.

Reaction score
I have been kicking this around it was a rectangle shape from the bakery... I am thinking it was a 13" x 7" pan not a misprint... I think they cut it into 3 cakes to sell which would be 4.3" x 7". This would be the shape I remember.. I wish they were still in business... I will continue the search...Thanks everyone... Bake on!

Reaction score
I have an odd sized pan that I use all of the time without a problem. I'm pretty sure the measurements are 12" x 7". I basically try to adjust the cooking temperature, rather than reconfiguring or adjusting the ingredients. I believe it's by Chantal, and it's enameled.

Reaction score
If you're having trouble finding a pan with the right dimensions, then maybe try to find a pan that has the same surface area (as long as it has the same depth). The way you work it out is to multiply the length of the two sides together.

So the surface area of 13" x 7" = 91 inches squared

When you're looking at pans, do the same sum and try and find a pan that is near enough to 91 inches sq.

That way you don't need to adjust the ingredients or the cooking time.

Reaction score
I will look around .. Thanks Diane

You're welcome. I don't know if you'd have success trying to find one like I have, because I've looked for another, and haven't found one. I've had this a while, so it's probably considered vintage by now. I will definitely keep @Becky's calculations in mind when I look for my next pan, that sounds really handy.

Ask a Question