What are your favorite applesauce muffin variations/additions?

Reaction score
I would love to make some applesauce muffins, but want to spice it up with some fun variations/additions. What are some of your favorite additions/variations of applesauce muffins? Especially anything with chocolate or cinnamon...

Reaction score
Sometimes I like just a plain cinnamon or spice muffins. Other times, I will add fresh seasonal fruits such as, blackberries, blue berries, or raspberries to mine. It all depends on what is local and fresh at the moment.

Reaction score
Thanks, Tina. Do you have a special applesauce muffin recipe you use as a base, or do you just sub the oil for applesauce (I've heard that works well for most recipes)?

Reaction score
I love applesauce muffins. They can be simple with a struessel or cinnamin sugar topping or have a variety of fruits or nuts added to them One of my favorite additions is dried cranberries and some kind of nuts. My grandson who is 8yrs old, will eat any kind of muffin with any additions as long as he gets to help add the ingredients. If you toss the added fruits, nuts, chocolate or other flavor chips in flour before adding them to your batter, they are not as likely to sink to the bottom of the muffin.

Ask a Question