What are your upcoming baking projects?

Reaction score
As the title states What are your upcoming baking projects? I have to make 20 dozen cookies for my husbands work party. I could be a cheapie and just do one kind but that just isn't me. I like to add flair and fun to my baking or it is just boring. I'm thinking about making chocolate chip, magic bars (look them up they are very delicious.) And peanut butter "Kiss" cookies.

Anyone else got any ideas on good cookies that are outside the norm & what are your upcoming projects?

Reaction score
The peanut butter kiss cookies sound like a wonderful thing to bake! I still got to try that one, but would love to bake them one day. Probably next year, I'm really hoping so :) As for me, well, I wanted to bake a cake for me and my mom before i leave the country, I was thinknig of our personal favorite: white cake with cream cheese icing.

Reaction score
sour dough bread. I am working on it as we speak. I shall be making the dough tomorrow afternoon to leave in the fridge overnight on Friday to prove. I have never left a bread dough in the fridge before to prove so this is going to be interesting.

Reaction score
Recently I made 'blossom' themed cupcakes to celebrate spring time for my husband's office. I ordered these really cute blossom shaped candy decorations online, and made pink and white buttercream frosting. They turned out really pretty and my husband's office loved them - but I guess sweet treats are the way to most people's hearts, right? I try and make something seasonal regularly or for any upcoming holidays. My next project is going to be something for memorial day, after that probably a summer-themed cupcake. I think it's always fun thinking of ideas which fit with either holidays, or seasons.

Reaction score
I still want to make a cheesecake and I wonder if the cream cheese I have been trying to save has gone off. I am not ready for a project that involves providing for people outside my home. I am happy to share if I like the outcome but I am still learning so my projects are going to be things I want to accomplish for me. I want to make some sort of healthy bread as well. Something that could replace the bread my husband goes out and buys.

Never mind the season, here are some cookie ideas.

http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/8-new-unusual-cookie-recipes-for-fall/

Reaction score
I recently completed a couple of projects. My boyfriends bday was a couple of weeks ago and he loves Jagermeister so I attempted to create a recipe around that (https://myinnergeekblog.wordpress.com/2015/04/28/experimental-batch-of-jagermeister-buns/) - wasn't perfect but he appreciated the attempt. It was also my granddad’s birthday so I made some cupcakes for the party - https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/9b/a3/db/9ba3dbc8df049e57bea813bdc4ce2c4b.jpg. Next I would love to attempt something like a Lemon meringue pie.

Reaction score
This year my plan is to learn how to make my own fruit cake for the coming holiday season. This is one of my family's favorite food to be serve on the festive table during Christmas time. And we are just buying this on a reputable bakeshop in our place. I really want to try and bake this for my family. It will be few months from now and the holiday season is coming and I have to start making it a try already and I am already excited what will be the outcome and good luck for me! :)

Ask a Question