What do you put in your Quiche?

Reaction score
I love quiche, and typically make it about three times a year, at least. I haven't made one so far in 2016, but I'm planning to make one hopefully this week or next. I typically use eggs, bacon, tomatoes and spinach, with the occasional addition of bell peppers, particularly if I have red bell peppers on hand, since they're often sweeter than green ones. Sometimes I will alternate and add sausage, broccoli, and other items. Quiche is something I don't mind playing around with, since it's easy to make, and always comes out tasting delicious.

Reaction score
I like bacon, spinach, and onion in quiche. I also like some good, sharp, cheese. Ham is good too, if you'd rather avoid bacon.

Red bell peppers sound like a great addition. I enjoy them, but never thought to put them in quiche. Good idea.

Reaction score
Recently I have been looking up some low carb dishes and quiches are the most versatile for vegetarians. I add mushrooms, caramelized onions, and spinach to mine. Sometimes I add some sweetcorn too, and I make mini quiches so they are portion sized for each meal.

To keep it healthy I add soy milk instead of cream, so if you are counting calories you could try that or half and half.

Reaction score
What DON'T I put in my quiche?????? Sometimes I have to make my quiche in a casserole dish, just because I want SO much in it!!!

Eggs
Cheese
Spinach
Squash
Onions
Ham
Bacon
Mushrooms
Peas
Zucchini
Herbs

Reaction score
Recently I have been looking up some low carb dishes and quiches are the most versatile for vegetarians. I add mushrooms, caramelized onions, and spinach to mine. Sometimes I add some sweetcorn too, and I make mini quiches so they are portion sized for each meal.

To keep it healthy I add soy milk instead of cream, so if you are counting calories you could try that or half and half.

@Mara What do you bake your mini quiches in? I've considered using muffin pans, but don't know if there are pans specifically designed for mini quiches. It would make freezing individual portions easier to make them that way.

Reaction score
Quiche is one of those foods that tastes delicious no matter what you put into it. My favorite mixture is with cheese, caramelized onion, spinich, and some peppers. I do not make them very often, but they are such a delicious treat and you can eat it any time of the day.

Reaction score
I actually am in the minority here I think - I really don't care for eggs very much! It's one thing if they're just one ingredient that I'm baking with, but if eggs are the star of the show in a dish then I definitely don't like it! Most people I know though usually do bacon, eggs, peppers, spinach and things like that in theirs.

Reaction score
I actually am in the minority here I think - I really don't care for eggs very much! It's one thing if they're just one ingredient that I'm baking with, but if eggs are the star of the show in a dish then I definitely don't like it! Most people I know though usually do bacon, eggs, peppers, spinach and things like that in theirs.

Although I like eggs, I don't like my quiches to taste "eggy". Weird of me, I know.
I use enough egg to hold everything together. Otherwise it all falls apart when you cut it.

Reaction score
Although I like eggs, I don't like my quiches to taste "eggy". Weird of me, I know.
I use enough egg to hold everything together. Otherwise it all falls apart when you cut it.

Maybe I might actually like the way you make it, if the eggy taste isn't overpowering! The ones I have tried were always kinda egg-heavy and I think that's what turned me off them. I've never tried one as an adult - my childhood/teen years turned me off of them!

Reaction score
@Mara What do you bake your mini quiches in? I've considered using muffin pans, but don't know if there are pans specifically designed for mini quiches. It would make freezing individual portions easier to make them that way.

I use ramekins because it means I can then also layer them. What I do is pour some mixture in first (after greasing) and then add a few more veggies and then add more liquid. What you can then do is take them out and out them in a plastic container and freeze them. As they are portion sized, it's enough for one person with a side salad or some other veggies or fries.

Reaction score
I've never really thought about whether my quiches tasted eggy or overly eggy, but I don't think so. I like to pack them with healthy additions, and those definitely flavor the quiche and keep the eggs from overpowering the dish.

I keep breaking my ramekins, but I think I might have a new set put away somewhere for safe keeping. I use them for anything and everything, which is why I break so many of them. I think they'd be very cute containers for mini quiches, thanks for the idea @Mara.

Ask a Question