What gift to give to friends who lives in a small home

Reaction score
I just had my birthday and woah I received gifts where I don't know where to place.

So this post is my view on what to give people who live in small spaces.

I think wine, chocolate, coffee, scented candles are good as consumables.
A gift certificate for a restaurant, spa, baking lesson, whatever the celebrant loves or you want her to encourage to try.

But since I'm into baking.. they said I'm difficult to shop for! And for that I think recipe books would be nice so there are new bread/cookies/cakes I could try.

Reaction score
I prefer to give my friends gift they can use, specially if they live in a small place. I personally love to give gift baskets with things picked by myself :) I love practical gifts. I like give them and receive them as well ;)

Chocolates and gourmet gift baskets are always a good pick, as well as wine.

Reaction score
It depends on how close you are, and whether or not you have a good idea of what they already have, and want/need. If not, a gift certificate would be good, since they could pick out whatever they wanted. I've given my nieces iTunes gift cards, as well as Visa gift cards, so they could use those anywhere, instead of being relegated to shopping in one store. I live in a small house, so I know it's always a struggle when I get something new.

Reaction score
a waffle iron :) doesn't take up much space and is easy to use

I don't have much counter space either and i like a cutting board that covers up one side of my sink,it just makes it easy to slice,dice and use for mixing up baking recipes and such and is easy to clean up after wards

of course it is nice to know what they want or need in there kitchen first

Reaction score
I find gift cards a little impersonal so I prefer giving consumables also especially if the person lives in a small home. Actually, even if they don't I think it's a good idea to create a basket of these. I had a friend once who loved chocolate and Milano cookies so I filled a basket with these. She loved it. I have already gifted my partner anything I felt he was missing in his collections so this past Xmas I ended up making a basket of chocolate and coffee (coffee from a couple other countries and different areas here). So, sometimes making a basket of nifty things they like would be a good idea.

Reaction score
It depends on how close you are, and whether or not you have a good idea of what they already have, and want/need. If not, a gift certificate would be good, since they could pick out whatever they wanted. I've given my nieces iTunes gift cards, as well as Visa gift cards, so they could use those anywhere, instead of being relegated to shopping in one store. I live in a small house, so I know it's always a struggle when I get something new.

I agree :) It depends how well you know the person and how close you are, if you are close enough you will l know for sure what they'd like to have or what they really need. For really close friends who are lacking a piece of equipment in the kitchen I give them exactly that.

Reaction score
I find gift cards a little impersonal so I prefer giving consumables also especially if the person lives in a small home. Actually, even if they don't I think it's a good idea to create a basket of these. I had a friend once who loved chocolate and Milano cookies so I filled a basket with these. She loved it. I have already gifted my partner anything I felt he was missing in his collections so this past Xmas I ended up making a basket of chocolate and coffee (coffee from a couple other countries and different areas here). So, sometimes making a basket of nifty things they like would be a good idea.

That's a really fun idea - my hubby is a big coffee lover and he would really get a kick out of trying new blends of coffee from around the world. You've given me a good idea for a gift for him sometime soon!

Reaction score
There are coffee subscriptions boxes which have coffees from around the world, but they are too expensive for me. :( It's why I did the coffee basket. I had two from different regions here, one from Dominican Republic (I have a friend from there and she told me the brands used there and I searched for those in shops that specialized in products from DR). I also had one from a company that was originally from Cuba. The chocolates were easier to find. I confess I started early with research and buying. LOL

Reaction score
There are coffee subscriptions boxes which have coffees from around the world, but they are too expensive for me. :( It's why I did the coffee basket. I had two from different regions here, one from Dominican Republic (I have a friend from there and she told me the brands used there and I searched for those in shops that specialized in products from DR). I also had one from a company that was originally from Cuba. The chocolates were easier to find. I confess I started early with research and buying. LOL

I've seen similar sort of subscription boxes and most of the time they are super overpriced - if you go out and source similar stuff yourself you end up saving quite a bit! Well, maybe I should start researching for my husband now for Christmas time as one of his gifts!

Reaction score
ya'll are killing me with the talk of coffee :) I had to give up caffeine around 10 years or so ago and i do have to say i still miss coffee big time lol

Reaction score
Well, if you live in a small town, you need things to do with your time. I think a gift basket packed full of baking, cooking, or hobby supplies is perfect. You friends will have hours of things to look at and do with the basket. It can be hard to give gift cards because small towns normally have limited restaurants and stores to choose from.

Reaction score
I always give Cooking and Baking books or magazines for my friends who had a passion for both of these thing whether they live in a small or big house.

Sometimes gift certificates I am also giving so that they will be the one to buy what they like and what they do still need in their house.

Ask a Question