What is the easy thing you are making for dinner tonight?

Reaction score
My family loves the Impossible Pies that are made with baking mix. Tonight I am making Impossible Ham and Swiss pie. It is so easy and takes just a minute to whip up. Here is the recipe:

Impossible Ham and Swiss Pie

1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions or chopped onion
1/2 cup Original Bisquick™ mix save $1 cup milk 1/4 teaspoon salt, if desired
1/8 teaspoon pepper 2 eggs
1 tomato, sliced
1 green bell pepper, cut into rings
Directions
1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle ham, cheese and onions in pie plate. 2. Stir Bisquick mix, milk, salt, pepper and eggs until blended. Pour into pie plate. 3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Garnish with tomato and bell pepper

Reaction score
Sounds absolutely mouth watering.

Myself? "Meatlovers MeatLoaf"

My recipe Meatloaf:

50% Sausauge, 50% Beef
2 Cups Shredded Cheese
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon salt or various spices (onion or garlic salts/powders work wonders - or grillmates McCormicks roasted garlic and herb!)
Italian Bread Crumb (as needed)
Tomato Sauces (we like to use Mushroom and Onion Prego) or some similar. Also have been tried with BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's.)
Bacon Bits.

1. Preheat oven to 400 for lower and slower and 450 to get the job done quicker. Since the meat is half and half, the sausage part finishes quicker then the hamburg, so pay attention. Cook time is approximately 1-1/2 hour to 2 hours.

2. While layering the Meat Loaf in the Pan with the bread crumb and egg for mixture, stop midway and use one cup of cheese throughout the middle. Spread it evenly. Finish meatloaf, and use the other cup of cheese on top of the Meal Loaf but before the sauces. Then pour sauces, coat the sides and top and relax. Cook it right. Some babysitting required - baste it so all the tomato sauces/whatever sauces you used don't just sit down beside it neglecting the top!

3. When you pull it out of the oven, into the cooling stage, sprinkle the bacon bits everywhere on the top. Let the sauce and meatloaf cool down a bit. Enjoy your super-loaded meat-lovers meatloaf.

Reaction score
Well those do sound both really easy and really tasty. I may have to give them a try. I'm doing a crockpot minestrone, nothing fancy but it always turns out yummy.

Reaction score
I made Barbacoa beef wraps. The recipe is a slow cooker one I found online and whilst there were a lot of ingredients it was simple to just throw everything in and forget about it!

Reaction score
Gosh, I love your recipes so far guys, I am going to start to enjoy the married life soon :p So I need a lot recipe ideas for dinner, because my future husband doesn't like to eat the same thing every day... so yes, being the person I am I need to cook smaller quantities of foods (for two only: one that doesn't eat much and the other who is a guy who loves big portions). I need to make the right amount of food, so I don't end up wasting food like his parents do.

Reaction score
Tonight we are just having a summery roasted veggie and andouille pasta. Different colored peppers (red, yellow and green), some onion, Italian herbs and andouille - bake all of that in the oven to your liking, and then cook up some pasta of your choice (we are using spirals tonight).

It's easy and light but really yummy!

Reaction score
Tonight I just cooked our usual creamy tofu for dinner...less expensive but a healthy dish..

20150803_181425.jpg

Reaction score
My family loves the Impossible Pies that are made with baking mix. Tonight I am making Impossible Ham and Swiss pie. It is so easy and takes just a minute to whip up. Here is the recipe:

Impossible Ham and Swiss Pie

1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions or chopped onion
1/2 cup Original Bisquick™ mix save $1 cup milk 1/4 teaspoon salt, if desired
1/8 teaspoon pepper 2 eggs
1 tomato, sliced
1 green bell pepper, cut into rings
Directions
1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle ham, cheese and onions in pie plate. 2. Stir Bisquick mix, milk, salt, pepper and eggs until blended. Pour into pie plate. 3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Garnish with tomato and bell pepper

This sounds delicious, and the impossible pies are so easy. I might have to try making one soon!

Reaction score
Last night I made tuna mac n cheese with green beans. I was pretty tired, and needed something in a hurry, so went with this dish. I usually make it around once a month, and I put about 2/3 of the tuna in the pan, and give the rest (plus the tuna water) to the kitties, that way we all get a treat.

Reaction score
Tonight I just ate leftovers! We made homemade pizza yesterday and we had a lot left, so I just reheated some. I know, kind of boring - but it definitely fits the description of being easy if you ask me!

Ask a Question