What is your favorite pastry?

Reaction score
I recently read an article listing the 38 best pastries in Paris. One of them was tarte au citron. This is basically a lemon tarte but it had a gram cracker crust which was different then I had ever made before. Also there are little shavings of lime on top even though the crème is lemon filled. The most compliments I ever got on a pastry was my lemon tarte, but I think I'm going to have to up my game and go French. What about you? Do you have a favorite?

Reaction score
My favorite has got to be Bear Claw. I know it's super SUPER generic and super SUPER boring to some people but I LOVEEEE the almond taste of it. It goes so well with a cup of coffee or with a cup of tea or something like that.

Though admittedly I haven't really expanded my horizons in terms of pastries. I think it may be time to change that :)

Reaction score
My favorite has got to be Bear Claw. I know it's super SUPER generic and super SUPER boring to some people but I LOVEEEE the almond taste of it. It goes so well with a cup of coffee or with a cup of tea or something like that.

Though admittedly I haven't really expanded my horizons in terms of pastries. I think it may be time to change that :)
No, Bear Claws are REALLY GOOD. I think they are like a coffee cake in taste and so it makes a great treat that isn't too sweet and they are so huge you always walk away full.

Reaction score
I think key lime pie would be considered a pastry? It is now my favorite! I went to Florida 4 years ago and fell in love with key lime pie. The sad part is that nobody around here makes it that good.

Reaction score
I recently read an article listing the 38 best pastries in Paris. One of them was tarte au citron. This is basically a lemon tarte but it had a gram cracker crust which was different then I had ever made before. Also there are little shavings of lime on top even though the crème is lemon filled. The most compliments I ever got on a pastry was my lemon tarte, but I think I'm going to have to up my game and go French. What about you? Do you have a favorite?
I love Italian pastries. I grew up in a town with many Italian bakeries ( plus were Italian!) so I had Italian pastries all my life. My favorites are cannoli's, lobster claws and a pastry called a pustie ( sp?) Not sure if I am spelling them correctly or not. I really miss them though. We have moved and don't really have any where we can get things even close to the ones at an Italian bakery. I always look forward to going back home to visit though!!! Yummy!!!

Danyel :)

Reaction score
It's not terribly exciting but I'm a big fan of a well done fruit tart...just that awesome, freshly baked bottom but the addition of fruit to make me feel all healthy and stuff, too ;). Or cannoli's, you just can't beat a good cannoli.

Reaction score
Peach Danish. It's sweet, it's soft and creamy, it has flaky crust bread...

Although I also know this place that makes a wonderful apple strudel, but I think I only like it because it's essentially like a peach Danish but with apples: flaky bread crust, patisserie cream, fruit sweetness, glaze.

Sometimes I get in a mood for a balaclava or a baclava, however you spell it.

Reaction score
I've recently had an obsession with making my favorite treat, the kouign amann. It looks like a simple treat, but it's actually very complex to make. The buttery and sugary taste just make it magnificent.

Reaction score
I love european bread, you know, the kind of bread they sell at most dutch bakeries? Not like a broodje, but more like a chocolate filled croissant! Yes, you can also find Ham and cheese ones.

Reaction score
I love Italian pastries too - being half Italian, my Nonna would always make yummy treats for us growing up. Cannoli and Crostoli were favorites for us.
Also, I lived in Japan for a little while and I enjoyed Taiyaki there which are usually filled with custard, chocolate, any number of flavors. They're delicious and super cute too.

Reaction score
Mmm, everything mentioned sounds so delicious. I have so many favorites it's hard to choose just one. Half and half's or half moons are one of my favorites, along with cannolis and ricotta pie.

Reaction score
I guess it is sweet chestnut chocolate torte. It is pretty much a European thing and very easy to make. It is very similar to lemon torte just with dark chocolate and sweet chestnuts instead.

I did enjoy pain au chocolate rather a lot when we were in France. No one can make them like the French can and being them first thing in the morning on the campsite, ordered from the bakery the night before, was just something else. Get there early enough and they would still be warm. Wonderful. Sadly I can't have them anymore because of the dairy content, but I can remember.

Reaction score
I guess it is sweet chestnut chocolate torte. It is pretty much a European thing and very easy to make. It is very similar to lemon torte just with dark chocolate and sweet chestnuts instead.

I did enjoy pain au chocolate rather a lot when we were in France. No one can make them like the French can and being them first thing in the morning on the campsite, ordered from the bakery the night before, was just something else. Get there early enough and they would still be warm. Wonderful. Sadly I can't have them anymore because of the dairy content, but I can remember.

That sweet chestnut chocolate torte sounds scrumptious! I like a little chocolate, but my family is all chocoholics, so I might have to look for a recipe for that for them.

Ask a Question