What is your favorite sugar free dessert?

Reaction score
I am diabetic and still love desserts. In the summer time, my favorite sugar free dessert is strawberry pie. What is yours?

sugar free strawberry pie

1 graham cracker pie crust (my Kroger does carry these sugar free in the diabetic section close to the pharmacy)
1 3oz pkg sugar free strawberry jello
1 1/2 lbs slliced strawberries
1 cup cold watger
2 tbsp corn starch

Fill pic crust with strawberries
Make jello according to directions;
Add cornstarch mixed with the cold water
Add to jello and boil until it thickens
Pour over strawberries
chill and then top with sugar free cool whip

Reaction score
I don't know a great deal about sugar free desserts sadly, but that's good to know that they do actually make sugar free graham cracker pie crusts. I can't say that I have seen them at my local supermarket but it could be that I wasn't looking hard enough. It sounds like a nice sweet treat without all the sugar.

Reaction score
I just add stevia to whatever I am making if I want to get a sugar-free experience :p But seriously, it does wonders if you are making cheese pie. Instead of the condensed milk I just use cream or ricotta cheese, then add plenty of Stevia. I must admit finding the real thing is hard, because most Stevia brands throw in other things in the mix...

Reaction score
My father is a diabetic but he never tried eating sugar free foods. Once in a while if he craves or want to eat something sweet he just eat fruits with natural sugar content. There are list of fruits that falls in this category and those that are prescribed by the doctor.

Reaction score
If you can eat applesauce because apples are supposed to be low glucemic, it makes a great substitute for a large portion of the sugar. I have made brownies with applesauce with great success as well as muffins. I don't have a favorite sugar free item as it's not necessary to my diet, but that's how I cut down sugar when j don't like how much is in something and want more nutrients.

Reaction score
This is my favorite sugar free dessert:

Chocolate-Coconut Mousse

1 can full-fat coconut milk
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1-2 teaspoons stevia (depending on how sweet you want it)
Optional: shredded coconut, almond butter, cinnamon

Chill the unopened can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
Scoop out the solidified cream into a mixing bowl and beat vigorously with a whisk or electric mixer until softened (it shouldn't liquefy). Add the cocoa powder and stevia and continue to beat until the mousse is light and fluffy. Top with shredded coconut, a dollop of almond butter, or cinnamon, and serve.

Reaction score
I've made batches of brownies before using equal just to test it out, and they have turned out good. I still prefer sugar over artificial sweeteners, but if you're diabetic then equal would be my recommendation. It's the closest I've got to sugar for sugar-free snacks.

Reaction score
I'm diabetic and have tried different sugar free desserts to see if they stand up to the difference in chemical reaction. Most have not made it.

Sugar Free Cheesecake - an abomination to real Cheesecakes everywhere
Sugar Free Key Lime Pie - to say this is disgusting is being kind
Sugar Free Cake - done right, you can barely tell the difference
Sugar Free Brownies - not quite right, because you don't get the same crunchy coat as you would with regular sugar
Sugar Free Fruit Pies - pretty good, really can't tell the difference
Sugar Free Cookies - again, done right, you really can't tell the difference
Sugar Free Candy - well depending on what type of candy it is, I kind of prefer it
Sugar Free Pudding - I kind of like this, as I don't like really super sweet desserts, and using artificial sweeteners makes it less sweet

Reaction score
I eat sugar free Jell-O, but that's often due to convenience.

I have tried baking some sugar free goodies too, and I guess peanut butter cookies are about the best ones. They probably aren't good for you (lots of sweetener), but they do taste good. They are especially good with almond extract instead of Vanilla.

Ask a Question