What kind of frosting do you glaze over your brownies?

Reaction score
This Christmas, a big hit at my house were brownies I glazed with German chocolate frosting. From the kids to the adults, everyone raved about this sweet treat. The use of German chocolate frosting was a departure from my usual pick (chocolate frosting). It's one I will do again in the future.

GermanChocolateBrownies2.jpg

Reaction score
I think I am just addicted to chocolate because I would frost my brownies with chocolate. I hate eating nuts, coconuts, or a very sweet frosting with my brownies. I would either go for a dark chocolate frosting or milk chocolate frosting.

Reaction score
I've never had frosting on my brownies - it's not something I've ever really considered. I imagine cream cheese or white chocolate frosting would be quite nice though, to lighten up the rich flavour of the brownies themselves. I like the look of that German frosting, True2marie, I like the idea of including pecans - do you have a recipe for it?

Reaction score
I have never put any glaze on my brownies and had never thought about putting any on them. I guess because I'm always in a hurry to eat them!! I'm going to have to try that because I'm sure it will be yummy!!!

Reaction score
I usually do not glaze or frost my brownies. I think they are usually sweet enough!
Although, around Christmas time, I sometimes frost my brownies with vanilla icing with drops of green food coloring and then decorate them with festive holiday sprinkles. I usually only do this for church functions or family get togethers around the holidays.
When I am just making a batch of brownies for my family, I don't glaze them.

Reaction score
That looks really good, but do they have coconut in them? Someone mentioned coconut, and I am allergic. I have never really considered icing my brownies either. It really kinda seemed like a finished product, but now I am intrigued by the thought of creme cheese icing on brownies. Creme cheese is absolutely my favorite icing. Have any of you ever tried this? Would you recommend a certain type of brownie with this?
I can't believe I never thought of covering them with vanilla icing and decorating them! They would probably be really sweet but really fun! The possibilities are endless. Maybe I don't have to cover the whole thing and then use sprinkles. Maybe, like the cookie cake I had for my birthday, I can make a brownie cake where I use the vanilla icing for writing and design!

You guys are awesome... Always giving me new ideas! :)

Reaction score
I love to you cream cheese frosting to glaze brownies. I heat the frosting until it is thin smooth and shiny. Then I pour it over the top and let it firm up. Some times I will pipe chocolate frosting stripes on to the brownies with a bit of Carmel drizzle for an extra special treat.

Reaction score
I don't really like frosting on brownies. I think if they're fudgy and moist enough you really don't need any! Those look amazing though!

Reaction score
I tend not to use frosting on brownies as I am not a big fan of frosting. Instead I apply melted chocolate on them and put the in the fridge so that the chocolate can harden.

Reaction score
For my brownies, I like adding milk chocolate or white chocolate frosting. When I don't want something too sweet, I skip the frosting all together. I also don't like nuts or anything of that type on my brownies.

Reaction score
Oh My goodness I never thought of that. German chocolate is such a great Idea thanks for sharing. If I do frost my brownies it is with chocolate.

Reaction score
I like to put warm chocolate ganache all over my brownies. It makes them even more goey and tasty. I figure that if I am going to have dessert, I may as well make it worth it.

Reaction score
This Christmas, a big hit at my house were brownies I glazed with German chocolate frosting. From the kids to the adults, everyone raved about this sweet treat. The use of German chocolate frosting was a departure from my usual pick (chocolate frosting). It's one I will do again in the future.

GermanChocolateBrownies2.jpg
An absolute wonderful idea! Why haven't I thought of this?????? I'm a big German Chocolate fan and putting it on brownies just ups the score!

Reaction score
I generally don't frost or glaze brownies...when I do it's generally just coloured vanilla, I've tried a lavender icing that turned out very yummy, though =). I imagine maybe a kind of tropical fruit tasting one would be an interesting twist, too? Or a bourbon =).

Reaction score
I love to you cream cheese frosting to glaze brownies. I heat the frosting until it is thin smooth and shiny. Then I pour it over the top and let it firm up. Some times I will pipe chocolate frosting stripes on to the brownies with a bit of Carmel drizzle for an extra special treat.

Oh, my goodness. I think I gained two pounds just reading this. Does sound delish though!

Reaction score
I saw on Pinterest that someone had melted cookies and cream Hershey bars on top of brownies and I thought that looked like a good idea.
I'm also considering making the cheesecake topped brownies.
70a5079086cc5824dd34fe5ce39a61f9.jpg

Reaction score
I like making a mint glaze over my brownies. I make a white chocolate with mint ganache and pour it over the brownies. Makes a nice winter feel.

Reaction score
I know this is a little late, but i usually frost them with either vanilla buttercream, or peanut butter frosting. And then I'll put oreo cookie crumbles on top of the vanilla frosting. It always tastes great.

Reaction score
I've never actually frosted brownies - perhaps because they don't last all that long in this household without someone wanting to eat them before they could get to that point.

I'm wondering if a Nutella based frosting would be good. Chocolately-hazelnut with the brownies would be good - and honestly, I'm probably just looking for another excuse to put Nutella on something!

Reaction score
I always used chocolate frosting to glaze my brownies and then I put chopped cashew nuts on top. It is just a simple frosting and toppings. But nowadays we can see many ideas of frosting and toppings that also looks delicious! :)

Ask a Question