What kitchen tool or gadget could you not do without?

Reaction score
Do you have a favourite took or machine? How long have you had it? What makes it so fabulous?

Reaction score
The kitchen equipment that I use the most is my old Oster blender, I not only blend up smoothies in it, but I also use the food processed attachment as much as I use the blender part.
I love to make my own fresh coleslaw , and the little processor is perfect for making a small batch. I actually have a large food processor, but I seldom need to process enough food at once to justify digging it out from under the counter, so I just use the little one that attaches on to the Oster.
I actually have about worn this Oster out, and need to replace it, so I have been looking on eBay for another one that is cheap enough for me to get it.

Reaction score
Like happy... I would have to say my blender, although I have not used it in a few days because I have been off of my diet (I use the term 'diet' loosely, but hey, I'm trying).
Someone gave me the blender that I have now, and it sat up in my kitchen for the longest time without being used, then one day I decided to whip up some smoothies. Now, I can't seem to get enough of that blender. I really like drinking smoothies, and I could not make any without my blender's help.

Reaction score
I would have to say my slow cooker. I love being able to mix everything together in the morning, turn it on low and when I want dinner, its ready to be served. Of course, I don't use it very often in the summer but the other three seasons, it gets a workout. I've been using a slow cooker for over 20 years and only replaced it once.

In the summer, I love my blender. So if I can have two favorites, this is my second choice. Its great for smoothies and fancy drinks :)

Reaction score
I love my crock pot and my food processor. The crock pot is great for meals that I just throw in the crockpot and forget and of course the food processor helps me to chop, blend and puree. Those are two machines that I use the most in my kitchen besides my oven and stove.

Reaction score
I try to do most things by hand. As to a device in my kitchen I would not trade? It would have to be my juicer...kind of got hooked on it.

Reaction score
I'm a caffeine addict so I need my coffee maker and I'm also fond of my coffee grinder because I sometimes grind my own beans. Even if I got rid of my French press and my little stovetop espresso pot, I would still have to at least keep my drip coffee maker. I'm not myself without coffee.

Reaction score
I would probably say that aside from the necessities, I could not go without my juicer. My grandmother is the one who turned me onto juicers, and I can't get enough of them! They're so convenient, and they have such great results! I don't know what I would do without it!

Reaction score
I would never trade anything for my oven because I use it everyday to cook/bake/roast. It is practical , quick and the most efficient thing in the world :)

Reaction score
I love my electric food steamer. It is one tool I use a lot since it cuts my cooking times in half and cooks food so evenly and perfectly. Also, because of the digital controls, you can super precise cooking times. I can make perfect rice in it without any scorching that comes out the same way every time. For hard boiled eggs, I can time it just right so I don't get any green rings around the yolk, not to mention you don't have to deal with the eggs bumping against each other in a pot and cracking. You can also poach delicate fish without any problems. The biggest advantage is how fast it it, it starts steaming the food within 15 seconds, not the 10-15 minutes it can take for a stovetop steamer to start boiling.

Reaction score
I have a few things. I love my slow cooker, with the weather turning now it is nice to chuck meat and veg in with stock and leave it to cook. I also had a new electric whisk bought for me as well. I used to do everything by hand and now I can't figure out why I did that! Especially whisking egg whites!

Reaction score
I couldn't do without my blender. I make so many smoothies that I'd be lost without it. Green smoothies are especially healthy and delicious. Having a blender is a necessity to me.

Reaction score
I couldn't live without my Ninja. I absolutely adore it. When my first one broke down, my husband brought home a blender and I was lost lol. I just find it a million times easier to use and does a much better job to boot. Plus easy to clean.. that alone made it far more worth it to me. I just can't stand blenders now. Unless someone has a good suggestion?

Reaction score
My most beloved kitchen tool is simple. It's the wooden spoon. Regardless of whether I am stirring up batter or making scrambled eggs, a wooden spoon is always helpful.

beech-wooden-spoon-small-25cm.jpg
Never underestimate the power of simplicity.

Reaction score
I would have to say my stand mixer. I love it and use it for everything. I have many different attachments for it and can do almost anything with it. I got it as a wedding present from my parents and I have practically used it every day.

Reaction score
If we are going by a tool we use in the kitchen to cook then it would definitely be the good ol wooden spoon. Though, if we are talking about equipment then it would be the blender.

Reaction score
There are so many gadgets in my kitchen that I just could not do without now that I have them. I love my crockpot for the ease of cooking meals for the family without the rushing to get it done. I love my food processor for just about everything from chopping to mixing. I love my blender as I am a smoothie addict. I love my bread maker as my children prefer the homemade over store bought, and it does not require me to knead it by hand. Just so many gadgets available today that were not when my children were small, and I wish I had back then too.

Reaction score
I would have to say my slow cooker. I love being able to mix everything together in the morning, turn it on low and when I want dinner, its ready to be served. Of course, I don't use it very often in the summer but the other three seasons, it gets a workout. I've been using a slow cooker for over 20 years and only replaced it once.

In the summer, I love my blender. So if I can have two favorites, this is my second choice. Its great for smoothies and fancy drinks :)
I agree! I love my crock pot! I use it on average three times a week! It is so easy and convenient! I love being able to come home to a warm dinner that has been slow cooking all day. I got one as a wedding present and I still use it. I also have bought two additional ones because I use them so frequently. They are such a great addition to my kitchen!

Reaction score
I love my Nutribullet! At first I was skeptical...how could something so small pulverize fruits and vegetables and turn it into a juice that I actually wouldn't mind drinking every morning? It works like a charm, does not take up much space on my counter and its a great way to add more greens to your diet.

Reaction score
Assuming stoves and traditional utensils are out of the picture, I wouldn't be able to do without my Sous Vide machine. A lot of my dishes have been crafted around this device simply because it produces awesome results. It's consistent, easy to use, and retains the moisture of what I'm cooking.

Ask a Question