What shows do you enjoy watching?

Reaction score
In the summer, I watch a lot of house hunting, house decorating, gardening, cooking and DIY shows. It's my summer tradition. When my daughter is home from school for the summer, I get into nesting mode. I hate my current apartment but I have 2 or 3 Pinterest boards of projects I want to do as soon as I can move elsewhere.
Either I watch HGTV online or the Living Well Network on my digital converter box.

When it's not summer, I watch a lot of anime, Korean dramas, Japanese dramas, and the adult cartoons like South Park.

Reaction score
I like to watch true tv a lot and I also like watching food network and house hunting and gardening shows.

Reaction score
I like to watch true tv a lot and I also like watching food network and house hunting and gardening shows.

Isn't it hilarious when 20 year olds are picky on house hunting shows? Newlyweds who barely have enough money for a down payment on a home insist on 4 bedrooms, marble bathrooms and a space for "entertaining". When I was 20, my idea of entertaining was grilling some hot dogs by the empty swimming pool at my first apartment building.
Some of the places these kids turn down on the house hunting shows, are nicer than anywhere I have lived. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I watch a lot of cooking shows. I think the only thing I keep up with regularly that is broadcast here is The Young and the Restless. It's kind of a family tradition to watch it. Otherwise, I tend to watch a lot of Chinese-language dramas since I'm very intent on exposing myself to the language to help me learn it.

Reaction score
I'll start off the list with...

Once Upon A Time
Breaking Bad
Grimm
Dexter
Criminal Minds
I love Once upon a Time. I'm so addicted to that show, and I can't wait for it to come back on. I also like Revenge which comes on right after!

Reaction score
Isn't it hilarious when 20 year olds are picky on house hunting shows? Newlyweds who barely have enough money for a down payment on a home insist on 4 bedrooms, marble bathrooms and a space for "entertaining". When I was 20, my idea of entertaining was grilling some hot dogs by the empty swimming pool at my first apartment building.
Some of the places these kids turn down on the house hunting shows, are nicer than anywhere I have lived. :rolleyes:
Our generation has been spoiled. I would be grateful for a roof over my head if I were them. These shows also probably purposely pick the spoiled people. I have always tried to be satisfied with what I have, but I won't lie, I sometimes wish for better, but I am blessed with my children, and a roof over our heads.

Reaction score

I agree, I was the same way. I don't understand it either, they do turn down some really nice places,for sure better then where I have ever lived too, and 4 bedrooms, lol. When I was 20 I was happy to have a one bedroom, and mine too was an apartment and all I wanted was a nice balcony so I could have a get together now and again. It is crazy though, I love watching house hunting, it is really fun to watch these people look for a place.:)

Reaction score
I watch a lot of cooking shows. I think the only thing I keep up with regularly that is broadcast here is The Young and the Restless. It's kind of a family tradition to watch it. Otherwise, I tend to watch a lot of Chinese-language dramas since I'm very intent on exposing myself to the language to help me learn it.

The last Chinese drama I watched was Office Girls last year. I like Chinese dramas and occasionally watch them, I just like Korean dramas better.

Reaction score
My favorite shows are the Middle on ABC and Bones on FOX TV. These shows are very high quality and very engaging to me. I really enjoy how the characters grow over time. These shows seem to be pretty clean in content so far.

Reaction score
My husband loves the cooking shows on the Food channel, and he especially loved Chopped.
I really don't care much for television, but I do like watching some of the documentaries, and some of the old movies that I really enjoy, when you can find one of them on TV.
One program that I do sometimes watch is Murdoch Mysteries, but we have watched through most of the episodes that are on Netflix already.
Burn Notice, and White Collar are great, too, but we have watched through all of the Netflix series on those also.

Reaction score
I seem to stick with the crime shows. CSI, Law and Order, Criminal Minds and the like. Anyone else hook on these?

Reaction score
I do like a little CSI once in a while. But I prefer NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles. I also like the Big Bang Theory because it is a sort of Revenge of the Nerds type TV show. It surely keeps me laughing.

Reaction score
There are so many great shows on this summer, I am getting overwhelmed trying to keep up with all of them. Right now my DVR is currently full of the follow television shows:

Pretty Little Liars
Twisted
Big Brother
Whodunnit
Mistresses
Under The Dome
Catfish
Devious Maids
Teen Wolf

I am also really looking forward to the new Netflix original series "Orange is the New Black," the full season will be released tomorrow on Netflix Instant. It is written by Jenji Kohan, the same woman who created the series "Weeds."

Reaction score
Oh my, I love Dexter! So excited for the new episode tomorrow. I also enjoy Game of Thrones and Arrested Development.

Reaction score
Arrested Development is good too, I forgot to add that to my list! When it was on television I never watched it, but when Netflix added a new season to their collection of original series there was a slot of hype and I decided to check it out. I had never realized how hilarious the show was, so I decided to watch the rest of the seasons.

Reaction score
Awesome! I really do need to finish the third season so I can watch the new one! Just really haven't made the time unfortunately!

Reaction score
HGTV is my absolute weakness. I love Property Brothers and House Hunters. I watch a lot of korean and Japanese dramas too. Downton Abbey and Larkshire to Candleford are two shows I highly recommend too. It's not airing right now but I did enjoy Bates Motel too and my favourite comedy, Modern Family.

Reaction score
Arrested Development is good too, I forgot to add that to my list! When it was on television I never watched it, but when Netflix added a new season to their collection of original series there was a slot of hype and I decided to check it out. I had never realized how hilarious the show was, so I decided to watch the rest of the seasons.
I absolutely loved Arrested Development back then too but I though that the new season was a bit disappointing compared to before. Maybe, it's the nostalgia of it but I thought the older seasons were much better but regardless, I would love to see more and definitely not complaining.

Ask a Question