White chocolate caramel

Reaction score
An interesting one for you for the holidays and a great one for kids.

You need some white chocolate broken up into smaller pieces, a non-stick baking tray and the oven.... that is it.

Put the white chocolate pieces on the non-stick baking tray (you can line it if you want to especially if you don't routinely wash it...), put into a cool oven (so around as low as you can get it) and wait. You want to watch the white chocolate, you are looking to burn it a little, so that it starts to turn a caramel colour and you want some darker brown but not dark brown edges to the chocolate and then pull it out and let it cool.

If you want a salted version, pull it out part way through when it has melted but not caramelised and sprinkle a little salt over the melted chocolate.

Nice and easy really but changes the taste completely and is really nice!

Reaction score
Well, that sounds incredibly tasty. The key seems to be watching it closely, otherwise, it certainly sounds simple enough. So, what do you do with it when it's done? Is it just candy or used in other recipes?

Reaction score
Yummy, lately I've heard so much about salty caramel cakes, lol, this sounds just awesome and worth the try! I know white chocolate isn't really chocolate, but I love eating that from time to time :)

Reaction score
Well, that sounds incredibly tasty. The key seems to be watching it closely, otherwise, it certainly sounds simple enough. So, what do you do with it when it's done? Is it just candy or used in other recipes?
Both.

Mostly I would suggest you just eat it and that is certainly what my parents did (I'm allergic to dairy so white chocolate is out of the question for me) but I also know of recipes that they include it as a topping or involved in biscuits (cookies) or even as crunchy bits added to something like a sponge cake. It works really well.

Reaction score
Yummy. It really sounds delicious, so thanks for sharing. I like your ideas too. I'm sure I can find something to use it for, lol.

Reaction score
That does sound really good. So does it stay an opaic white color or does it turn more into a glassy caramel color? I could find many applicatios for this during my Christmas baking. I am thinking of using it as a topping to cinnamon cookies with banana chunk caramel sauce. I bet the white chocolate and banana would taste great combined.

Reaction score
That does sound really good. So does it stay an opaic white color or does it turn more into a glassy caramel color? I could find many applicatios for this during my Christmas baking. I am thinking of using it as a topping to cinnamon cookies with banana chunk caramel sauce. I bet the white chocolate and banana would taste great combined.
Because you are effectively caramalising the sugar content of the white chocolate it goes a lovely pale brown colour and then starts to darken further. At this point it is done. So it turns to a caramel colour.

Ask a Question