White Chocolate Chips

Reaction score
Hello! I was recommended your forum by a friend who said there might be some good help around here. My girlfriend's grandmother who lives in New York is trying to find some white chocolate chips to use for baking, but she hasn't found any luck in the big city. I was thinking about sending her some from Chicago. My local store has the Hershey Premier White Chips but it's hard for me to tell if they're any good, or if she'd be able to use them for baking...not sure about the rules about baking/non-baking chips where white chocolate is concerned. Thank you so much for any help you can provide!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Well, for any chocolate of any color, it depends on what you are going to do with it.

Just like (brown) chocolate, there are different types for baking IN something, melting for use in coatings, melting into a batter for an ingredient, decoration, etc....

You can find all sorts of gourmet white chocolates online. Ghiradelli being one of the better brands, although it isn't gourmet, it is much better than Hershey.

Ask a Question