Whoopie Pies, Recharged!

Reaction score
After a long internal debate with myself, I decidedd to add this to the cookies section, but you could really go either way calling this sweet treat a cookie or a mini cake. I created a new filling for these classical little beasts that I wanted to share...and it is sooooo sinfully good!

You use the original recipe to create your whoopie pie cakes, it is only the filling that has changed. In my family, we do not like the original marshmallow and confectioner's sugar filling that most recipes call for. For my filling you add 1 stick of salted butter, 1 package of softened cream cheese, and 1 standard jar of marshmallow cream in a bowl and mix it with an electrical mixer until it is creamy; then add it to the cakes to make your sandwiches. The salt from the butter works well with the sweetness of the cake.

This is the kind of treat that should be enjoyed in extreme moderation, but they are so good that they never last more than a day or two in my house.

Reaction score
This variation sounds yummy! I'm not into icing or marshmallow fillings much but this sounds wonderful. I may give this a go next time. Thanks for sharing!

Ask a Question