Worse disaster

Reaction score
What is the worse baking disaster that you have ever experienced? Were you able to fix it and if so what did you do to fix it.

Reaction score
When I was asked by my friend to bake a cake for her sister's birthday. They were all excited about what I would present them but it so happen that the cake I made was raw on the inside. It was a very embarrassing moment for me.

Reaction score
Sunken fruit cakes have been disastrous for me on occasions, but I seem to have learned about the dos and don'ts now, so it doesn't happen to me anymore. As long as they weren't raw in the middle, then I'd simply fill them in as best I could, and at least they were useful for practicing how to decorate! Usually though, they were quite edible, but some were a little too "puddingy" if you know what I mean. ;)

I hate having a disaster with a bake - aside from the embarrassment when you serve it, I hate the waste! So I will try to save it somehow if I can.

Reaction score
When I was asked by my friend to bake a cake for her sister's birthday. They were all excited about what I would present them but it so happen that the cake I made was raw on the inside. It was a very embarrassing moment for me.

If it was a chocolate cake that was half baked, you could call it a molten lava cake and put a scoop of ice cream on it.

Ask a Question