Your Favorite Creation During Rainy Days?

Reaction score
Hello everyone! :)

For me, there's nothing compared to the delicious taste and smell of freshly baked cookies on a rainy day. My favorite cookie recipe is just a simple one, with raisins or chocolate chips or even a combination of both. I love soaking my finished cookie products in a hot cup of coffee, while my little boy eats them with his hot chocolate drink.

What kind of treat do you love making on cold rainy days?

Reaction score
For some reason for me it's cinnamon rolls for rainy days. They're a comfort food, and rainy days have me wanting to eat ALL the comforting things...so that's my go-to when it's dreary out!

Reaction score
Well the equation has gotten pretty simple throughout the years for me. When it rains, that means a nice soup or stew or chili. I think it is just the fact that I can take every excuse there is to make soup, because I love it, but whatever works. It certainly speeds up me coffee intake too, which may be entertaining for others to watch. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
My favourite creation is my bed and maybe some junk food. But if I had to choose a baked item it would be a scone or a rock cake.

Reaction score
Well the equation has gotten pretty simple throughout the years for me. When it rains, that means a nice soup or stew or chili. I think it is just the fact that I can take every excuse there is to make soup, because I love it, but whatever works. It certainly speeds up me coffee intake too, which may be entertaining for others to watch. Thanks for sharing.

Speaking of soup, I made chicken and corn soup for lunch yesterday and my little one just loved it so much that he actually had 3 bowls in just one sitting. :D The smell of hot soup is just so inviting when it's raining. I have this weird habit of always adding a lot of crushed or powdered black pepper on my bowl of soup to make it taste really hot. My husband would always look at me with a "you're so weird" look whenever I do this because my soup always ends up so black. Lol!

Reaction score
It is the rainy season now so I want to share our delicacy snack which is the pizza bread. I think I have already posted about it in another thread. But anyway, its main ingredient is the leftover bread that is not good to be toasted anymore. With the use of tomato paste, some meat like spam or ham, and spice like bell pepper or celery, add some cheese for the toppings and bake it. So nice to eat when the weather is cold.

Reaction score
When the weather is cold and it is raining all I want to eat is our Korean Ginseng Chicken Soup. This makes me feel warm and the fact that ginseng had great health benefits that is why this is really a healthy kind of soup.

I am sharing to you the recipe of Maangchi one of Korea's Culinary Expert..

http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/samgye...

Reaction score

Oh yum! I definitely love making soup too, I didn't know if we were just talking baked goods! But for soups I LOOOOVE a good minestrone. That's probably my favorite! :)

Reaction score
When the weather is cold and it is raining all I want to eat is our Korean Ginseng Chicken Soup. This makes me feel warm and the fact that ginseng had great health benefits that is why this is really a healthy kind of soup.

I am sharing to you the recipe of Maangchi one of Korea's Culinary Expert..

http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/samgye...

The chicken soup does look so delicious for a rainy day. Thank you for sharing about it here. :) Speaking of Korean, I usually buy Korean noodles in Korean stores here in my area because I love spicy food, so I really fancy the spicy Korean noodles being sold in stores. I also like the rich texture of the thick noodles compared to our local noodles here which are very thin.

Reaction score
When it comes to rainy days I really love making some hot chocolate with cinnamon and some good milk. My mom always brings me natural cocoa mixed up with anis to make some hot chocolate througout the rainy days, mostly in holidays It definitely is perfect when you add the dinnamon, highly recommended.

Ask a Question