17 Cooking Projects Ain’t Nobody Got Time For (except maybe us)

Reaction score
I agree Soliloquy! When you want to do something pretty it doesn't matter if it takes time! I found it interesting that one of the things on the list in a pastel-colored checkered cake. I've made the rainbow/layered Jello before...it's worth the time and effort. Interestingly, though, I have look at certain appetizers and thought "Why would they take the time? They disappear so fast." So, I guess it's a matter of perspective...because I know I've invested lots of time in making baked creations! The bottom line is, it's as much a hobby as a way to feed people. People put extra time into their hobbies, right?! :)

Reaction score
Actually I agree that these projects are too time consuming. The Jello mold looks like it will waste an entire day that could be put to better use.
Don't get me wrong, these baked goods are beautiful but I don't have the skills or patience to attempt these. The only one I would possibly try is the tiny salad inside the tomato.
I'll leave these to the expert bakers.

Reaction score
Oh wow beautiful projects but I have to say I am going to stay away from making them unless I have plenty of time for it. ;) No. 16 rolling cream cheese and pineapple " waffle breakfast sushi" looks tempting.

There is a saying which goes to say that it is always hard to start a project but when you get it started it always gets easier. Often I have come across recipes which I wanted to try but mentally not prepared to because the recipes require too much an effort. But after weeks of coaxing myself, I finally did it and the second time I repeat the recipe, it gets easier than I initially thought.

Reaction score
The macarons on the cake are easy, you just use chocolate ganache and press the macaron and it should be good to go. The pasta is fairly easy too, you just divide your dough, put your color in, roll it out (in a machine, or by hand), and cut it. I've done #12 before, and others similar to it. The kitchen where I used to work had banquets and buy-outs and we would make hundreds and hundreds of hors d'œuvres. Once, we had to roll 1/4inch sized croutons with small strips of guanciale, and dice strawberries and shrimp the same size as the croutons to go on top of strawberry gazpacho.

Ask a Question