2 ingredient ice cream!!!

Reaction score
Trellum, you know well, this is right down my alley, but sometimes these minimal ingredients recipes don't go down well with me. Still I am excited about it and would love to try it. I deliberately never had a food processor. I am so averse to large appliances. Don't you think qualtiy blender might produce the same results or is it time I invested in a food processor. I honestly don't like having to work large appliances or appliances that require detaching small parts for cleaning.

Reaction score
I don't have a food processor either so I can't try it. I don't think you can really call that ice cream though, since it isn't made with milk/cream or a dairy alternative milk product. I would call it a frozen fruit desert. It sounds quite tasty. I used to be a big fan of putting banana slices in my peanut butter sandwich, so I think I would like it as a healthy alternative to desert. To bad I lack the equipment.

Reaction score
I don't have a food processor either so I can't try it. I don't think you can really call that ice cream though, since it isn't made with milk/cream or a dairy alternative milk product. I would call it a frozen fruit desert. It sounds quite tasty. I used to be a big fan of putting banana slices in my peanut butter sandwich, so I think I would like it as a healthy alternative to desert. To bad I lack the equipment.

For sure it seems like a healthy choice. I still wonder if a different piece of equipment could not produce a similar result. Were I to try it, I feel like I would cheat a bit and add "one or two" things here or there.

Reaction score

They call it soft serve or vegan ice cream, I think the name suits it perfectly ;) Specially after reading all the things they have said about it, the consistency is said to be just like soft serve. Plus ice cream or soft serve sounds better than frozen fruit dessert ;) Specially for the kids. If you ever get a food processor give it a try, I heard it's amazing, but its better to eat it right after making it.

Reaction score
Trellum, you know well, this is right down my alley, but sometimes these minimal ingredients recipes don't go down well with me. Still I am excited about it and would love to try it. I deliberately never had a food processor. I am so averse to large appliances. Don't you think qualtiy blender might produce the same results or is it time I invested in a food processor. I honestly don't like having to work large appliances or appliances that require detaching small parts for cleaning.

Sorry about that, but I read about this a while ago and they don't think a blender can do the job :( Otherwise I'd have already tried. The reason for this (I read) is that the bananas are frozen and need to go thru several different textures in order to get the ''soft'' serve consistency. I have no food processor either, but when I move out from here next year I'll get this one:

31r4hb1QBJL.jpg

Something like that.

Reaction score
It's too bad a blender can't do this. I seriously would rather eat banana and peanut butter than ice cream, since I am trying so hard to avoid excess sugar. But sadly I do not expect to ever have enough counter space to justify having a food processor. I already have so little it can be difficult to function at times, and that is with only a small toaster on the counter, no other appliances at all. I refuse to even own a coffee maker because of space issues :(

Reaction score
I know, it's terrible :( But.... have you tried eating frozen grapes??? I did the other day and swear they reminded me of eating one of those tasty frozen Popsicle. Try it! I know grapes have a lot sugar, but it's better than getting that sugar from ice cream. Fruits will always be better because of their fiber content and their glycemic index. I'm also trying to stop consuming sugar :)

Reaction score
When my pocket was a lot heavier, I just refused to look at food processors because I saw them as another fad and had way too many detachments, not to mention that whatever gadgets I had at the time were serving me well. What's more baking with Betty Crocker was the extent of my baking and ice cream was something I never even gave a thought to really trying.

Now I am baking more if I see that it's something that can really help me out without causing too much headaches to clean after, I will get one when I get some more purchasing power. Yesterday, I did look at a few blenders as somehow, the only working one I had left, has somehow disappeared. I saw one with something like sixteen speeds and thought it was a good buy. Now I come here and see the food processor that Trellum posted and I think that looks super neat and something I would consider if it does not cost a fortune. Fortunately, I have the counter space.

Reaction score
What brand was it? My mom had a Taurus blender that broke after just 3 months of use. I have a ''Osterizer'' and have had it for years :) Always look at the brand, I can tell you from experience that black&decker isn't as good as they want us to believe.

Reaction score
Trellum, my mother loves frozen grapes and eats them all the time. My neighbor does it with blueberries and says she views it as her "end of the day treat." She says she likes it better than candy! In the summer, my daughter asks for smoothies a lot, so I tend to throw the grapes, blueberries and strawberries in the freezer. When it's time for a smoothie, I use those to help make the smoothie thicker.

Reaction score
I love those too, sadly my upper left molar has been over sensitive to cold lately, so I can't enjoy that treat anymore :( I'll see the dentist after a while, once I get some more cash and manage to find a decent dentist. Not happy with the last one, I mean, obviously she did a lousy job or else I'd not be dealing with this intense sensibility :(:(:(

Oh well, moving on :D Thanks for the tip, never thought of using blueberries too! I'll use that tip to thicken my smoothies in the future as well ;) Once I can drink cold stuff again.

Reaction score
What brand was it? My mom had a Taurus blender that broke after just 3 months of use. I have a ''Osterizer'' and have had it for years :) Always look at the brand, I can tell you from experience that black&decker isn't as good as they want us to believe.

I think I mostly saw Oster, Black and Decker and maybe GE. I never know what brands to choose. I honestly believe all of them are related. Recently I saw a brand called Mabe or something like this and the saleslady told me it was made by one of the same companies with the the more popular brands. Trellum you are having sensitivity issues with your teeth? So am I and I dread the idea of something being wrong with my teeth and having to go to the dentist. It started with me listening to phone calls of people making appointments to see the dentist. I will have to tell you about that somewhere offline. It's weird which means ice and the like are going to be on my 'stay away from' list.

Reaction score
Well, from my experience Oster is great, black and decker not so much, Ge is also good :) You have teeth issues as well? Sensibility? God, it's the worse one can experience, sometimes even cold milk affects me! So no ice creams for me as well, I dread going to dentist... the molar that is causing me issues has a very deep filling :( I think that is the root of the problem (hahaha no pun intended!), the dentist didn't do a good job.... at first I was ok, then after a while the sensibility settled in. Have you had a dental work done recently?

Reaction score
Well, from my experience Oster is great, black and decker not so much, Ge is also good :) You have teeth issues as well? Sensibility? God, it's the worse one can experience, sometimes even cold milk affects me! So no ice creams for me as well, I dread going to dentist... the molar that is causing me issues has a very deep filling :( I think that is the root of the problem (hahaha no pun intended!), the dentist didn't do a good job.... at first I was ok, then after a while the sensibility settled in. Have you had a dental work done recently?
No I have not had anything done recently and I keep putting it off but that's not good for me. Recently I was sorting calls (I can tell you about that offline) and there are lots of dental calls and then all of a sudden my teeth start to feel weird. How strange is that? I don't think mine is as bad as yours and I am wondering how much of it is mind over matter. I still want to make an ice though and I am planning on asking my husband to buy a piece of equipment like the one in the picture above: or maybe I'll just buy it myself.

Ps. I came back to say I Googled food processors and the first search I saw was CHINA food processors. That's for you Trellum. I know how you love, love, love Chinese products.:D:D

Reaction score
Oh yes, I know which site you mean ;) Well, sometimes the mind is very strong, I mean there are times I think I'll be getting a headache and I end up getting it! But if you do feel sensibility when you eat cold things, then it's worth checking with that dentist. I will do the same as soon as I find a decent one... I just don't trust the one who did this filling ( I never had issues with the dentist who did my last filling), so I'm still searching. Plus I suffer from OCD so... dentists in general make me nervous :confused:

Hahahahaha, sadly most stuff are from china... Actually I don't like anything that might come in contact with food, my mouth, eyes, and skin. Sadly almost everything seems to be made in china nowadays. Clothes, make up...

Reaction score
This sounds like a fabulous summer recipe. I adore ice cream (who doesn't!) but I don't adore the calories that go alongside it! In saying that, sometimes you just really crave a nice, icy cold treat at this time of year. Given that it's just bananas and cocoa powder or natural PB, it doesn't sound too bad at all health wise. I'll have to give it a try at some point. Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
You are welcome :) I know an excellent recipe fr making lemon ''ice cream'' that doesn't evne use milk or any kind of dairy, but you get a super tasty and refreshing ''ice cream'' like dessert. I might post it later, it's basically just water, sugar and lemon juice, basically.

Ask a Question