2 Minute Cookie

Reaction score
I came across a recipe called "2 minute chocolate chip cookie for one." I thought, really? A fresh cookie in two minutes?! I must try this!
I made it, and it worked out pretty well! Mine was more like a cake than a cookie because it was so moist. I really liked it!
Personally, if I am going to get all of these ingredients out anyway though, I would rather just make a big batch of cookies. But this was a really quick dessert for just one, so I like having it as an option.
Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
2 tbsp unsalted, softened butter
1 1/2 tbsp white sugar
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp beaten egg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
Directions:
Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl and place in the microwave for two minutes (or less depending on your microwave.)
When I made mine, I took it out at 1 min 45 sec and it was perfectly done.

The original source: http://recipesweet.net/2-minute-chocolate-chip-cookie-for-one/

Reaction score
That's an interesting recipe. It would be good for those people on a diet but need to satisfy a craving.

I buy those Betty Crocker individual microwave treats every once and awhile, so this is great to be able to make your own. Saves putting all those unpronounceable ingredients in your body too.

Reaction score
So it's like the cookie version of a mug cake. I like the idea of quickly getting a sweet fix, but I live with my daughter and we always share everything, so there's no such thing as baking "for one" in my household. It's a cute idea for people who live alone, though.

Reaction score
I came across a recipe called "2 minute chocolate chip cookie for one." I thought, really? A fresh cookie in two minutes?! I must try this!
I made it, and it worked out pretty well! Mine was more like a cake than a cookie because it was so moist. I really liked it!
Personally, if I am going to get all of these ingredients out anyway though, I would rather just make a big batch of cookies. But this was a really quick dessert for just one, so I like having it as an option.
Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
2 tbsp unsalted, softened butter
1 1/2 tbsp white sugar
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp beaten egg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
Directions:
Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl and place in the microwave for two minutes (or less depending on your microwave.)
When I made mine, I took it out at 1 min 45 sec and it was perfectly done.

The original source: http://recipesweet.net/2-minute-chocolate-chip-cookie-for-one/
Can you use egg beaters for this recipe? It is really hard to separate 2tbsp of beaten egg and messy for kids to do. I do like this recipe for late night when you want something sweet but do not have time to make a whole batch. You could do variations with different chips too. This is a must try recipe.

Reaction score
It is good that you tried it and could tell us that it actually worked!!! LOL! :) When I saw that you microwaved it I was
skeptical but it is a fascinating concept. It would be nice for college kids or kids that are out on their own for the
first time that are afraid to try anything but the microwave!!! Haha
I'm with you - if I'm going to haul it all out I would prefer to make the "real" cookies.

Reaction score
That's an interesting recipe. It would be good for those people on a diet but need to satisfy a craving.

I buy those Betty Crocker individual microwave treats every once and awhile, so this is great to be able to make your own. Saves putting all those unpronounceable ingredients in your body too.
You're right! Those Betty Crockers desserts are fantastic! They are delicious and easy to make! I do like to make my own desserts but Betty Crocker offers a lot of great easy desserts when you are in a pinch or hurry! :)

Reaction score
Wow! A 2 minute cookie? That sounds too good to be true. I'll definitely try this out! I barely have time to bake so I would love an easy way out. Hope it works out well for me! :)

Reaction score
I would make these kinds of recipes all the time in college. Though I would make them in a mug, or a small ceramic dish. They don't taste as fresh as oven baked, but they're good if you want something quick!

Ask a Question