2015 Christmas shopping started!

Reaction score
Oh yes you did read the title right! I just purchased the first Christmas gift for 2015! I am a sick person I know. I found a tin for 70% off at the store the other day and so I purchased it and plan to put a gift card in it for my sister in law next year. Nothing like starting early. I was so stressed out this Christmas that I decided I was going to buy all year long and not put myself through that again.

Reaction score
Oh yes you did read the title right! I just purchased the first Christmas gift for 2015! I am a sick person I know. I found a tin for 70% off at the store the other day and so I purchased it and plan to put a gift card in it for my sister in law next year. Nothing like starting early. I was so stressed out this Christmas that I decided I was going to buy all year long and not put myself through that again.

I think that's very sensible, and I intend doing the same thing for the first time. I'm usually one who does her Christmas shopping around mid-November, but after falling ill in October last year, and then feeling really stressed about Christmas on top of trying to recover, I vowed I would get more organized for future Christmases!!

Luckily, I managed to still get my Christmas baking done ;)

Reaction score
I did not get nearly as much Christmas baking done as I wanted to this year, Christmas kind of snuck up on me and it was over before I knew it. I decided that I was not going to let that happen again. It is one of my most favorite times of the year and I did not even have much time to stop and enjoy it this year.

Reaction score
Wow, for real! Tina you are way early,well i guess the best part of the deal is you'll be saving some cash with the purchase of this gift that could be used to purchase even another gift...way to go. I haven't started thinking about Valentines gift as yet much less Christmas. Anyway i was always a last minute shopper.

Reaction score
As I've mentioned , I recently lost my apartment, so the thought of the holidays is depressing to me because I don't know where I'll be living or even if my daughter will be with me or her father.

If I find a place soon, I might start planning for next Christmas. I remember this crazy website that had a printable to do list for every one of 365 days to start planning for the next Christmas. Can you imagine the dedication that it takes that lady to do something Christmas related every single day of the year?

Reaction score
Ugh, I am not sure I could do a 365 day planning list, I am sure that I would be completely burnt out by the time Christmas actually got here next year. Have you had any luck on your apartment search? That would be so sad if your daughter had to go to live with her dad.

Reaction score
I'm still looking. The pickings are really slim in my area right now because after Christmas, people aren't really moving out so there are fewer vacancies than there were a couple of months ago. Ironically, I didn't need an apartment a couple of months ago.

Reaction score
That sucks big time! I would not want to move right before or after the holidays either. I think summer time is the most popular time of the year for moving. Once you get a place and get moved in, you should have a big housewarming party and have everyone make something special to eat.

Reaction score
Impressive! I guess I would buy something if it really stroke me as genius when walking/shopping around, but otherwise, I would never think of buying a gift so early! XD Maybe for a birthday, but... I guess maybe I could knit early a few gifts, instead of rushing in December, like you say.

Reaction score
I was thinking about sewing a couple of mini quilts and giving those away for Christmas presents this next year. I will have to get started on them soon if I have any prayer of getting them done on time. There are some universal gifts that you can get now and they will still be relevant this time next year. I would not dare buying some of my kids gifts this early though because so many new things are going to come out before then.

Reaction score
That sucks big apartment ould not want to move right before or after the holidays either. I think summer time is the most popular time of the year for moving. Once you get a place and get moved in, you should have a big housewarming party and have everyone make something special to eat.

I never actually had a real housewarming party for my last apartment ,so that's a good idea. Since I'm starting over again, I can choose to be positive and see it as a chance to do some things I didn't get to do last time, I guess.

Reaction score
I was thinking about sewing a couple of mini quilts and giving those away for Christmas presents this next year. I will have to get started on them soon if I have any prayer of getting them done on time. There are some universal gifts that you can get now and they will still be relevant this time next year. I would not dare buying some of my kids gifts this early though because so many new things are going to come out before then.
If you don't have time to do mini quilts, you could do pillows that have a quilted cover. You're right about kids. New toys and Disney franchises come out constantly. It's too early to buy toys for next year.

Reaction score
Wow, I think that's too early for me. I would just end up losing things or forgetting who they were supposed to be for. Or it would turn out that the person is no longer interested in that by the time Christmas comes around.

Reaction score
I was afraid of losing things to, so I set up a box in the basement and I am labeling things with sticky notes. I am just hoping this makes me more efficient.

Reaction score
It's never to early to start buying gifts for Christmas ;) Specially if you love bargains as much as I do! If something is for sale and I think it would make a great gift for someone, then I buy it. I haven't bought anything already, but I might as soon as I see something nice for a good price!

Reaction score
I was afraid of losing things to, so I set up a box in the basement and I am labeling things with sticky notes. I am just hoping this makes me more efficient.

I do the same, but since the family is growing I'd like to also start wrapping the gifts some months earlier. That way I won't be in a rush when the time to wrap gifts comes. I can keep them save in the small store room, cover them with a sheet and lock the door with the key.

Reaction score
Well, at least I got my Valentine's Day shopping done. I only buy Valentine's Day gifts for my daughter and dog. I got my dog a bag of organic chicken jerky and I got my daughter plush dolls of Sonic the Hedgehog ,Shadow the Hedgehog and Tails, plus I found a dark blue heart shaped box of chocolates that matches the Sonic doll because he's known as the Blue Blur.
Hopefully ,since she's an obsessed Sonic fan girl, these humble gifts will go over well. It's been a rough year already and the year just started

Reaction score
Awww! Those sound like wonderful gifts :D I'm sure she will love them! My mom never celebrated that holiday, as a result I don't either, but I might start doing it soon. I love giving and receiving gifts :D Sometimes it's hard to find what to give some family members during the holidays tho, because well, the gifts for that holiday are most of the time supposed to be the most expensive ones of the year. I have no issues giving things to my mom, but the in laws are a different story...

Reaction score
Awww! Those sound like wonderful gifts :D I'm sure she will love them! My mom never celebrated that holiday, as a result I don't either, but I might start doing it soon. I love giving and receiving gifts :D Sometimes it's hard to find what to give some family members during the holidays tho, because well, the gifts for that holiday are most of the time supposed to be the most expensive ones of the year. I have no issues giving things to my mom, but the in laws are a different story...
I don't think it's about the expense. It's mostly about being thoughtful.
I love coffee, so I would rather have a nice coffee mug and a bag of good coffee than a $100 bottle of perfume that I'll never wear because I only wear body sprays and oils that smell like vanilla.

If you consider what people's favorite things are, you can't go wrong with gift giving.

Reaction score
Yeah, being thoughtful is what matters most, but hat I meant is that I often feel so pressed during Christmas, because that's the only time we exchange gifts, so I really feel they ought to be good. Not necessarily expensive, but hit on the nail. So a lot thought is required, specially for gifts that are going to be for the SO's family, since they seem to have it all. Though decisions every year :D

Ask a Question