26 Most And Least Healthy Vegetables

Reaction score
Reaction score
Wow I learned some interesting things form that list .I have always been told that iceberg lettuce has little to no nutrition value and the portobello mushroom were packed with healthy goodness. It is shocking to find out the lettuce ranks higher than the mushrooms.

Reaction score
Interesting! I wish there were a version of that for veggies that don't grow in temperate climates, though. Okra, while not on the slackers list, surprised me with how low on the list it was. Eggplants and radishes also surprised me, I guess because I thought their distinctive flavors would come from some rather complex botanical inside-stuff.

I've heard some negative things about tomatoes, how acidic they are, that their relation to the nightshade actually means something bad for health, that lycopene might be good for the heart but bad for a lot of other things...

Brilliant presentation, though, I especially liked the photo of a bell pepper slice used as an egg ring!

Thanks for sharing this link! :)

Reaction score
Such interesting information and I learned a lot. I knew kale and spinach were particulary good, but some of the others surprised me as to how low on the list they were! Especially tomatoes.

Reaction score
I'm surprised that onions rated so badly! Good job I like spinach :)

Reaction score
I was surprised that scallions are healthier than zucchini and I want to try green peppers with the added egg in the middle. Thank you for posting this great information!

Reaction score
I'm not surprised that corn ranks low but I was surprised to see beets ranked low. Beets don't taste that good, so you would think that they were at least healthy.

Reaction score
This list has no surprises other than avocado being ranked so low. For the longest, this vegetable was considered a miracle food. However, now, it's been out done by broccoli and carrots.

Ask a Question